• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flowthru alive at LCC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flowthru is not dead! US Airway has too much to lose in lawsuits, money etc.!!
T8 is just holding a grudge against the WO'ed pilots cause he didn't realize that a flowback didn't exist!! I passed on MDA to upgrade and have more options for my future! Curious if you went to MDA while you were a ALG FO?

And why are you so bitter? Even if I had gone to MDA and wasn't able to flowback, I would still support my follow pilots at ALG and PDT! Seems anytime someone post about the flowthru you jump right with your negativity!! It's kinda old!!

That's quite an accusation. But, it is not true. If you only knew....:rolleyes:

Context, my friend. Flow through is dead with the current circumstances.

No bitterness here. I have never wanted to return to PDT. Once I left, there was no turning back for me. I made a career choice in leaving. But, there were others who wanted to return, but were unable because there was no agreement in writing and the PDT MEC hem-hawed and feigned excuses and came up with a proposal, which was a joke. Most PDT pilots know nothing of that proposal. In a conversation I had a member of the PDT MEC, he was very agitated that I had a copy of it, as it was leaked out by someone on the MEC and circulated on various web boards. It revealed the true colors and intent of the PDT MEC.

You would be surprised to know that I do support a bi-lateral flow agreement. In fact, I'm in the minority of J4J that do. Personally, I believe that pilots from the PWOs should flow to LCC, should that opportunity arise. But, based on the current proposals presented by the PDT MEC, I cannot support it, as others do not, and have verbally and by writ, opposed any proposal to the LCC MEC, NC, and J4J Coordinator that jeopardizes the seniority of US Airways Seniority List Pilots.

What I oppose is the methodolgy of the past and present PDT and PSA MECs to reject the current status of the APL list, their involvement with the AWA MEC in removing US Airways Seniority List pilots who were former CEL from the US Airways Seniority List, and the current attempt to remove US Airways Seniority List pilots from the APL. When this subject flares here on FI.com, I respond with factual, documented evidence. The best you can do in response is accuse me of being bitter.

T8

I have never wanted to return to PDT. Once I left, there was no turning back for me. I made a career choice in leaving.

Indeed.

But, there were others who wanted to return, but were unable because there was no agreement in writing and the PDT MEC hem-hawed and feigned excuses and came up with a proposal, which was a joke.
Was this an unsolicited proposal, or the response to the superseniority windfall? That's the real joke, and the AAA MEC are the only ones laughing. Furthermore, you admit what the problem is! Feigned excuses? That's not playing nice, Tate.

I can't say it enough, so I'll repeat it again... you give me a bilateral agreement, and I'll move outta my seat (or stay in it even longer, whichever the case) without a word. Period. End of story.

So why can't we get the danged protocols in writing? I think feigned excuses such as AWA integration are hampering that work.

Furthermore- and this is a point that a lot of us on this side of the chickenhouse don't see clearly - a cadre of easily (re)trained and highly experienced pilots would be one heck of an easy fix to our woefully understaffed airline! In LGA alone we have enough flying to award every seat a hard line as it's staffed right now. We ALL know who will fight against that logic to the bitter end, and there is no union out there that can change his mind.

Last edited:
My two cents, for what it's worth....

Just over 100 CEL pilots flowed into MDA before hiring stopped. They were allowed to do this under LOA 91. LOA 91 also said if furloughed from MDA, they would flow back to their original WO carrier. Period. That was not allowed to happen. Many confuse the referenced LOA that needed to be agreed upon in regards to flow-back as pertaining to the CEL pilots that flowed into MDA, not the case. The LOA that needed to be agreed upon pertained to ML pilots NOT from the CEL flowing back into a WO. That is a fact.

The CEL pilots were not allowed to flow back as agreed upon. That was a breach of contract. I think the flow is dead.

This is exactly how i understand it. I would have never bid MDA if I had been told or researched the agreement and found that there was no flow-back. i did my homework in the summer of 2004 and the worse case I found out that I'd be able to come back to ALG/PDT with my Aug99 DOH. I came to this by reading the agreement and second by the ALG MEC chair telling me this. I believe his exact quote and I have witnesses who were in the SYR crewroom that day when he said it was, "LEARLOVE, the worst thing that can happen is you'll flow back with your DOH".

With that info inhand and the fact that i had been downgraded at ALG and it didn't look like I'd reupgrade anytime soon (even after the PDT merger) I bid to MDA. Funny thing is had I been allowed to flow back or never gone to MDA I'd easily hold CA there now. Gee wonder why the ALG/PDT guy played their slight of hand game and didn't let us go back.

Funny thing is had I been allowed to flow back or never gone to MDA I'd easily hold CA there now.

Yes, the upgrade training here is a piece of cake. :erm: I know what you mean, but don't think you'd be in high cotton.

Gee wonder why the ALG/PDT guy played their slight of hand game and didn't let us go back.

How many upgrades have occurred in the past three years?

Lear Love please flow back to ALG if you like it so much, what part don't you understand about flowing back to your original WO? ALG doesn't exist anymore, the thuth hurt doesn't it? The flow back was never signed anyway!!!

2 question for you lear

If the flow thru is dead why does USair managment recognize there is a flow thru?

Why do you care if we flow up? what does it take away from you?
GET A LIFE!!!

Would Airways like a flow now? I doubt it. When they reach the bottom of the APL for 190 positions, they want to hire off the street. Lets say they need 50 190 FO's. Hiring off the street means 50 training events. Allowing a flow, means they still have to do those 50 190 training events. The pilots that flow will most likely be middle and junior CA's. Now they have to upgrade 50 FO's to replace those CA's. Then they have to hire 50 new FO's to replace the upgrading FO's. Thats 150 training events verses 50. That'a a huge cost. Not to mention they still need new FO's without any flow. Can they handle that training? Sure they can, but it's gonna cost a lot of $$$. Keep in mind, a major increase in training means more CA's will come off line to do the training, they too must be replaced with the subsequent upgrades and new hires to fill those positions as well. I think Airways would rather do just 50 training events rather than what would probably end up being over 200 events just to fill 50 190 FO slots. Now of course, if PDT was downsizing and getting ready to furlough, this argument would be much weaker....

DP has made it very clear to the LCC MEC and to pilots attending the "Crew News" video broadcasts that the issue of training costs is a huge item for mangement.

T8

thats BS about the "orginal WO". Fine, then how come the PDT guys that went to MDA were not allowed to flow back? Chirp, chirp... the sound of crickets.....

Yeah thats what I thought, wrong again on your part.

Yes, the upgrade training here is a piece of cake. :erm: I know what you mean, but don't think you'd be in high cotton.

How many upgrades have occurred in the past three years?

O come on, you thought that by me saying "easily hold CA" I ment that the upgrade or reupgrade was easy? Your more clueless than even I thought.

"easily" ment that I would be solidly within the senority number that hold CA.

AS IN: "that guy is senior enough to easily hold CA here", said the junior FO.

DP has made it very clear to the LCC MEC and to pilots attending the "Crew News" video broadcasts that the issue of training costs is a huge item for mangement.

T8

How come I thought the flow thru was dead? Look like it's not dead after all...

Latest resources

Back