• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flowthru alive at LCC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually I've known T8 for about 9 years now. His career has been just fine and while i wouldn't count our/his chickens just yet, its about to get very good in the not to distant future thanks to YOUR mec's backfiring "slight of hand".

I wish you best of luck

Finally!! Some support!!! Thanks!

why all the bitterness? it seems as though everything worked out pretty darn well for you MDA guys - APL seniority number and J4J captain slot. It was not the decision of the Piedmont pilot group to not allow MDA pilots to come back. From what I understand not more than a handful of guys would have returned anyway. I'm sorry if you were one of the few. However, wishing an ill fate on all the good people still at PDT (probably many of whom you were/are friends with) is truely spitefull.

Further more, listening to you speculate as to the flow thru status when you don't know what you're talking about is getting old.

We should work out a flow thru for
Republic/Shuttle/Chitauqua. How would
the j4j coordinater feel about that?
It would be much cheaper than training
everybody twice.

Where do you get this?
There is nothing in the contract about prefered hiring. However, flow thru is in the contract. You could make a case that AAA MEC may try to block flow thru, but there is not cae either for or against pref. hiring.

Not true. There is a Pref. Hiring loa still in effect. This LOA was signed long before J4J surfaced at Airways. If you have access to the ML agreement, take a look at LOA 79. It states that when Airways hires off the street, 1 out of every 6 pilots hired MUST come from one of the Wholly Owned carriers.

My two cents, for what it's worth....

Just over 100 CEL pilots flowed into MDA before hiring stopped. They were allowed to do this under LOA 91. LOA 91 also said if furloughed from MDA, they would flow back to their original WO carrier. Period. That was not allowed to happen. Many confuse the referenced LOA that needed to be agreed upon in regards to flow-back as pertaining to the CEL pilots that flowed into MDA, not the case. The LOA that needed to be agreed upon pertained to ML pilots NOT from the CEL flowing back into a WO. That is a fact.

The CEL pilots were not allowed to flow back as agreed upon. That was a breach of contract. I think the flow is dead.

The question of whether it's dead or not will soon be a moot point. I think the WO MEC's are now realizing that. You see, the language in LOA 91 does contain language that would allow Current WO pilots to flow into Airways. Is that language still valid because of the earlier breach? Not a lawyer. But what I do know is that LOA 91 is attached to the AAA Contract. They are currently negotiating a new contract. I feel a new contract will be reached soon after the seniority arbitration is complete, which will be done in a few months. Once a new contract is signed, LOA 91 will be dead. Even though PDT and PSA has flow language in their contract, that language speaks of flow into a contract that no longer exists. The flow language does not tie you to the operating certificate, it ties you to a contract, the AAA contract. That will soon be gone...

Also of interest to note is the fact that when CEL pilots flowed into MDA, ALG was downsizing. Had it not been for the flow, furloughs were going to happen. The flow basically allowed for the reduction in force without furloughing, thus taking much higher paid pilots off the seniority list as opposed to the most junior pilots with the lowest cost. A win-win situation for Airways...

Would Airways like a flow now? I doubt it. When they reach the bottom of the APL for 190 positions, they want to hire off the street. Lets say they need 50 190 FO's. Hiring off the street means 50 training events. Allowing a flow, means they still have to do those 50 190 training events. The pilots that flow will most likely be middle and junior CA's. Now they have to upgrade 50 FO's to replace those CA's. Then they have to hire 50 new FO's to replace the upgrading FO's. Thats 150 training events verses 50. That'a a huge cost. Not to mention they still need new FO's without any flow. Can they handle that training? Sure they can, but it's gonna cost a lot of $$$. Keep in mind, a major increase in training means more CA's will come off line to do the training, they too must be replaced with the subsequent upgrades and new hires to fill those positions as well. I think Airways would rather do just 50 training events rather than what would probably end up being over 200 events just to fill 50 190 FO slots. Now of course, if PDT was downsizing and getting ready to furlough, this argument would be much weaker....

So it only made sense when you flowed up, and now that you have, FYIGM kicks in and the whole scenario is a bad idea.

Don't let all of the facts get in the way, ALG. The protocols to flow back to your respective wholly owned was NOT PART OF LOA 91. It was part of LOA #TBD. We followed it to the letter when a windfall was about to happen and I was about to be furloughed due to a bump flush.

Latest resources

Back