• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flowthru alive at LCC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will mainline require 1000 PIC before one could flow through?

Looks all right to me

I figured you would see it that way. --No worries for the 600+ RPA and SA pilots -- half which are typed or qualified in the E170/190...some of which are looking forward to getting hired into the E190 at LCC.

They are counting on you.

T8

That censorship was to get PSA MEC to drop the probationary period for the J4Js. They did and in return PSA guys do not have to serve probation at ML if/when they flow up. It was not to eliminate flow through talks.

"The US Airways MEC has been informed that PSA J4J pilots have not been represented equitably by the PSA MEC and its committee structure and furthermore, have been subjected to what has been termed "cultural harassment..."" --December AAA phone message

The purpose of CD and MS at that AAA MEC meeting was to engage in flow through discussions. The PDT MEC reported this intent on one of their November MEC phone messages to PDT pilots. That was one of the reasons they attended the meetings.

In my conversations with the LCC J4J Coordinator, the AAA MEC has indicated to him that the present relationship and situation at PSA toward APL pilots is detrimental to any flow through discussions. He stated to me as recently as February that PSA and PDT have yet to put anything on the table that they (AAA ALPA) would agree to. He also stated that flow through discussions were not a priority for the MEC as the LCC/AWA seniority integration with LCC management is priority.

Again, ask your MEC.

Flow up, yes. With no flow down. I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about. Life at Piedmont is not too bad, as far as I can see it. It depends what you make out of it. Screw Sby, the folks we are flying with are all good guys.

Flowthru is not dead! US Airway has too much to lose in lawsuits, money etc.!!
T8 is just holding a grudge against the WO'ed pilots cause he didn't realize that a flowback didn't exist!! I passed on MDA to upgrade and have more options for my future! Curious if you went to MDA while you were a ALG FO?

And why are you so bitter? Even if I had gone to MDA and wasn't able to flowback, I would still support my follow pilots at ALG and PDT! Seems anytime someone post about the flowthru you jump right with your negativity!! It's kinda old!!

Last edited:
hello mcfly, he has 14k plus hours with a dash and shorts type. Yeah he left as an ALG FO - maybe if the MDA bid came out in 1994.

the point is, you guys (WO'd, ones that have been around for a few years) should be able to look at this guys profile and have enough common sence to see he (T8) is/was a rather senior ALG guy (hence the shorts and dash types) that took the bid to MDA and is now a J4J capt at Rep.

If you don't have enough knowledge of the situation to atleast figure this out then how can anyone trust your info/statements pertaining to flowthru? See what I mean jellybean? Atleast get your a$$ in the ballpark first then we will talk.

the point is, you guys (WO'd, ones that have been around for a few years) should be able to look at this guys profile and have enough common sence to see he (T8) is/was a rather senior ALG guy (hence the shorts and dash types) that took the bid to MDA and is now a J4J capt at Rep.

If you don't have enough knowledge of the situation to atleast figure this out then how can anyone trust your info/statements pertaining to flowthru? See what I mean jellybean? Atleast get your a$$ in the ballpark first then we will talk.

Didn't realize those profiles were 100% accurate!!! Jeez, didn't know that we had so many Shuttle Commanders that Hung out on FlightInfo!! Know what I mean Jellybean!!!!

Plus poor T8's career didn't seem to set the world on fire! 14k of hours to run over to MDA for a 30.00hr job!! Man, he missed the boat!!!

Hence the bitterness!!!

Last edited:
Actually I've known T8 for about 9 years now. His career has been just fine and while i wouldn't count our/his chickens just yet, its about to get very good in the not to distant future thanks to YOUR mec's backfiring "slight of hand".

I wish you best of luck

Latest resources

Back