Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Pilots vs FLOPS Pilots. Is this still going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last time I checked Bob19....

That is exactly what I have been advocating. If you are not happy with being in a non-union company, go and find a union job that fits you.

There are 33% of those pilots at FLOPS (plus the rest of the company) that didn't want the union.

Flight Options Pilots were legally Represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

That makes Flight Options a Union Company.

With that fact in mind, if you don't like working for a Union Company, perhaps you should take your own advice Bob19 and leave? I mean, that is what you are advocating:rolleyes:

As for your illogical logic, no company has ever had a 100% vote in favor of a Union. In fact, most votes are very tight in the 52-48% range. The fact that 67% of the Flight Options Pilots voted for representation is considered a landslide in management/labor circles; but you know that already.

The only question now at Flight Options is whether or not Management will sign the dotted line on a Fair Contract. Management at NetJets wouldn't sign their bottom line, until it became more cost effective for them to do so than not. And I wonder what employee group influenced that dynamic?:rolleyes: I agree with you in one respect: To expect an Industry Leading Contract vs an Industry Standard Contract under the present economic conditions would be unreasonable.

I think you will find the Flight Options Pilots perfectly willing to simply accept a Contract on par with our primary competition: NetJets.

Now, go ahead and tell me how unreasonable I am being.

Freedom is Not Free

You still don't get it Bob19....

The demise isn't BECAUSE of the union, but the union will prevent future success by removing the ability for the company to adjust to the changing business climate.

It remains to be seen how the "industry leading contract" will fare through these rough times.

If two years from now we are looking at non-union fracs as being stable finanicially as well as a peaceful work environment compared to prolonged and bitter contract negotiations at NJ for concessions to their "industry leading contract" and FLOPS for the contract that never happened, then we'll know just how successful the union infiltration was.

I still predict that the "industry leading contract" will be in complete turmoil by this time next year.

Unions don't "infiltrate" Companies, they are the result of Management Failures to keep the workers satisfied with their treatment by Management.

As an Original Flight Options Pilot (pre-merger), there was no way we would have ever considered a Union at that time. We were treated well in our eyes.

Then Uncle Kenn lost control of the Company and we were exposed to just how evil and predatory a Management Team could be. Many of the parts of that Team still exist at Flight Options including the Vice President of Flight Operations (you might know him Bob19), and the Program Managers for both the Large/Mid Cabin and Small Cabin Programs.

Perhaps if Uncle Kenn Ricci were to Fire all 3 of these gentlemen, maybe this Pilot Group might take a second look at whether or not we need a Union. But with these gentlemen still in place, along with several other evil PSMs, not to mention Options puppet of a Chief Pilot, you can forget about the thought of the Union going away.

Even if these dirt bags were removed, the Flight Options Pilots know there would be nothing to stop Uncle Kenn from bringing them back. We have already seen what it is like to work unprotected under these Predators, and I don't know of many Fight Options Pilots that wish to spend the rest of their careers exposed to these Predators, without the protections of a Contract.

So you want the Union to go away Uncle Kenn? Truthfully, it ain't gonna happen. This Pilot group has just been burned too deeply.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
That is exactly what I have been advocating. If you are not happy with being in a non-union company, go and find a union job that fits you.

There are 33% of those pilots at FLOPS (plus the rest of the company) that didn't want the union.

You're an idiot. I defy you to name one single company that had 100% support for the union. Go ahead..... I'm Waiting.......

Maybe we should do our presidential election over again too, because 100% of the people didn't support Obama. No matter where anyone went, there would not be 100% support for the union. Why should the majority of the pilots leave instead of trying to make their life/employment better?

It is the minority who should leave if they are not happy!

If they did that, we could have avoided the layoffs!

You're an idiot. I defy you to name one single company that had 100% support for the union. Go ahead..... I'm Waiting.......

Maybe we should do our presidential election over again too, because 100% of the people didn't support Obama. No matter where anyone went, there would not be 100% support for the union. Why should the majority of the pilots leave instead of trying to make their life/employment better?

It is the minority who should leave if they are not happy!

If they did that, we could have avoided the layoffs!

The union mongers are attempting to make their own lives better at the expense of others that are usually relatively happy. It's a small group when compared to the overall population of the company.

But, you knew that already and didn't care because you are just, flat selfish.

There shouldn't be a single complaint on this board as to how the union is being treated as it comes on the property. The union leadership should have told you that it was going to be miserable to put one on, there would be lots of turmoil, there would be years of bad blood and the only group in the entire company that had anything to gain in the end was the pilot group, and that would be at the expense of everybody else from the stockholders to the owners to all the rest of the employees.

Yep, all of you should just stop whining and wait for it to be over because you should have known it before you ever voted.

Those that voted it in are the minority in respect to the entire "population of those that care", and are the invaders. Unions like to plant themselves like a cancer even into companies that clearly don't want them.

Unions don't "infiltrate" Companies, they are the result of Management Failures to keep the workers satisfied with their treatment by Management.

Not true. 1108 has made it a mission to unionize the entire fractional industry even though it has been made clear that many of the fracs want no part of them or any other union.

As an Original Flight Options Pilot (pre-merger), there was no way we would have ever considered a Union at that time. We were treated well in our eyes.

Then Uncle Kenn lost control of the Company and we were exposed to just how evil and predatory a Management Team could be. Many of the parts of that Team still exist at Flight Options including the Vice President of Flight Operations (you might know him Bob19), and the Program Managers for both the Large/Mid Cabin and Small Cabin Programs.

Perhaps if Uncle Kenn Ricci were to Fire all 3 of these gentlemen, maybe this Pilot Group might take a second look at whether or not we need a Union. But with these gentlemen still in place, along with several other evil PSMs, not to mention Options puppet of a Chief Pilot, you can forget about the thought of the Union going away.

Even if these dirt bags were removed, the Flight Options Pilots know there would be nothing to stop Uncle Kenn from bringing them back. We have already seen what it is like to work unprotected under these Predators, and I don't know of many Fight Options Pilots that wish to spend the rest of their careers exposed to these Predators, without the protections of a Contract.

So you want the Union to go away Uncle Kenn? Truthfully, it ain't gonna happen. This Pilot group has just been burned too deeply.

But nowhere near as deeply as the clients that are flown everyday are going to be.

Freedom is Not Free

But nowhere near as deeply as the clients that are flown everyday are going to be.

Yeah you should see how mad the NJA clients are when they fly with us! Guys, B knows exactly how horrible it is to be flown by happy, motivated pilots. It's rough I tell ya!

the problem is management continues to destroy companies.....so if they unionize, management can't suck a company dry as easy. That is why they dont want unions. Management only wants to pay the bare mionimum required to get the work done, otherwise it cuts into their skim.

So, management is the reason this is happening. Piss poor management is the reason the economy is in the crapper. Unions would not have to put pressure on managemtn to do their jobs if they did in the first place.

Latest resources

Back