Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Pilots vs FLOPS Pilots. Is this still going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twisting facts again Bob19?

In reality (the world the rest of us live in) the Pilot group at Flight Options is the single largest employee group in the company.

67% of that employee group voted for representation via the IBT 1108 by secret ballot. Nobody twisted our arms.

And now you refer to 2/3rds of your Pilot group (most likely more than 2/3rds after the terror campaign management has embarked upon), the very people entrusted with the lives of those very customers you pretend to care so much about, as Union Mongers.

I'd think you'd have a little more respectful terminology for the Professionals who's hands you place the lives of your customers in.

Funny; when I flew Scheeringa he couldn't have been any nicer to the Flightcrew. Its amazing how one's attitude changes when one's life is in our hands.

This is not an airline Bob19. The Pilots make up a huge percentage of the company's workforce, the vast majority in fact.

Stop living in the past Bob19; your days at Eastern are over. The only difference between you and some of the other Eastern scabs that I now call friend, is that you still believe you were justified in crossing the line. They've admitted their mistake and moved on. Perhaps it is time for you to do so as well.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
The union mongers are attempting to make their own lives better at the expense of others that are usually relatively happy. It's a small group when compared to the overall population of the company. . . Those that voted it in are the minority in respect to the entire "population of those that care", and are the invaders. Unions like to plant themselves like a cancer even into companies that clearly don't want them.

Well, you're right about one thing... we are trying to make our lives better. However, we aren't a small group. In fact, the pilots are by far the largest group in the company. 67% of the pilot group is probably close to a majority of the entire company labor force! I still defy you to name one single company that had 100% support for the union. Go ahead..... I'm still waiting.......

Will our contract affect the other groups?... Yes, the FA's will probably benefit by the new work rules established in a CBA. It will probably also make it harder for scheduling to abuse the flight crews, so their job will be a little harder... but then that's one of the goals! Maint. won't really be affected, but it will affect management a little. They will have to think ahead a bit more, and they'll have rules that they have to live within instead of changing them any time it suits them. The owners might have to pay a bit more, so management will have to find a different way to be the "value leader" instead of subsidizing the owners flying with the pilots pay. Boo Hoo! I doubt we'll end up making more than all the other fractionals, or having vastly different work rules, so it shouldn't be too tough for them.

Now that we have that taken care of, when are you going to address post #30?

Actually, I never expected that you would... prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Flight Options Pilots were legally Represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

That makes Flight Options a Union Company.

With that fact in mind, if you don't like working for a Union Company, perhaps you should take your own advice Bob19 and leave? I mean, that is what you are advocating:rolleyes:

As for your illogical logic, no company has ever had a 100% vote in favor of a Union. In fact, most votes are very tight in the 52-48% range. The fact that 67% of the Flight Options Pilots voted for representation is considered a landslide in management/labor circles; but you know that already.

The only question now at Flight Options is whether or not Management will sign the dotted line on a Fair Contract. Management at NetJets wouldn't sign their bottom line, until it became more cost effective for them to do so than not. And I wonder what employee group influenced that dynamic?:rolleyes: I agree with you in one respect: To expect an Industry Leading Contract vs an Industry Standard Contract under the present economic conditions would be unreasonable.

I think you will find the Flight Options Pilots perfectly willing to simply accept a Contract on par with our primary competition: NetJets.

Now, go ahead and tell me how unreasonable I am being.

Freedom is Not Free

Any attempts to confront B19 with logic is futile. He will not address your response point by point.

I know I am just as guilty but, just think how many hours of our lives has been wasted on B19's posts. You will not get that time back.

B19, Wannabe union buster, his friends commit suicide, spineless, loser as a pilot, loser in life and all around Idiot Extraordinaire.

Understood Waka....

I guess this latest balloon (Flight Options Pilot vs Flight Options Pilot) Bob19 and his cronies tried to float out there in yet another attempt to Divide and Conquer fell flat on its face, again.

Nice try though Gentlemen.

Freedom is Not Free

I guess this latest balloon (Flight Options Pilot vs Flight Options Pilot) Bob19 and his cronies tried to float out there in yet another attempt to Divide and Conquer fell flat on its face, again.

Nice try though Gentlemen.

Freedom is Not Free

Divide and conquer? That's what 1108 tried to do three years ago and none of the FLOPS pilots are satisfied with the progress made.

1108 failed and you can't admit it.

1108 hasn't been given a chance to get a TA by management yet. Perhaps after management tries to negotiate in GOOD FAITH we can make the judgment?

Cunfused me again Bob 19 (your new designated handle)

Bob said;

Divide and conquer? That's what 1108 tried to do three years ago and none of the FLOPS pilots are satisfied with the progress made.

How could you even pretend to know such information if you aren't at Options?

I was employed at a fractional prior to Netjets, But I couldn't give you a clue to whats going on there now?

But you've never been employed at Options yet you know what all the pilots are thinking?

Now you are keying into Bob19's Game...

Wrong again Bob. I think the 1108 has made HUGE progress and I am in the Majority!

He is well aware the Majority of the Flight Options Pilots are in firm support of their Union and its Leadership.

What he hopes to do, is convince some of those in support, to become dissatisfied with the amount of time it takes to negotiate a first contract, in an attempt to fracture support for the Union.

He knows most Pilots are too lazy to do the research (let's face it, research is a lawyer thing, not a Pilot thing), and discover that it is a known fact, that when a newly elected union sets foot on a property, the AVERAGE time to a first contract is 4 years. That is a fact. Don't believe me? Call your local Labor Attorney and ask him. And that is the time including contracts settled under the non transportation unions. Those of us in the transportation sector fall under a special area of the law, the Railway Labor Act, the primary goal of which is to maintain public transportation uninterupted. Although we fly private, since we operate under Part 135 and therefore can fly the Public, we fall under this more restrictive law.

It sucks. It is a long drawn out process, tilted to a great extent in favor of the employer providing the public transportation. The only real leverage the employee group has is to act as a Solidifed Unit during negotiations, following the directives of your leadership in great numbers. There is strength in numbers, Bob19 knows this, which is why he is constantly attempting to cause division among the Pilot group. He knows, divided we will fall.

But what he won't admit, is that our Pilots are learning how the Game is played, and although he continues his attempts, he is not fooling anyone other than himself.

So continue with your banter Bob19. We know who and what you are, and you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

Freedom is Not Free

Management caused this fiasco because they failed to pay their pilots.....the result? A union.

Justice served.

If management would stop doing the PROVEN practice of lining their pockets, then these things wouldn't happen.

And THAT is undisputed.

Latest resources

Back