Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Pilots vs FLOPS Pilots. Is this still going on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good catch 993....

One of the things you can always count on with Pathological Liars such as Bob19, is that they will eventually get caught in their own lies.

I think (as was said in another thread), Bob has met his quota of Lies for the day.

Freedom is Not Free

It would be curious to see what would happen if the union vote happened today. Would the mix still have a full third of the pilots against the union or would it be higher?

Kind of like the presidential election... the media is loving our new president-elect while forgetting that there are 56 million who wanted no part of him.

The union will bang their drum touting how they had the "majority" vote, and never admit or even make the statement that a full one third of their own population did not want the union, as well as all of the non-pilot personnel because they also knew the turmoil a union would bring. The FLOPS employees that voted "yes" for the union were actually the minority of the entire population of the company.

You know B19, I must finally admit that you've been right all along. After this furlough my opinion of the union and our quest for a contract has dramatically changed.

I'm now ready to go back to bowing and scraping for scraps off managements table. I will get on my hands and knees and pray five times daily – facing in the direction of CGF of course – that our managers will benevolently take care of me and my family, absent any self serving impulse. I know they are really busy, but I’m sure they have my fellow pilots best interests in mind.

And now that a just cause provision is nearly at hand I’m ready to forgo that and place my balls (figuratively of course) back into managements hands. I no longer feel that, as a professional, I deserve a contractual relationship with my employer. Only doctors, lawyers, home buyers, auto buyers, farmers who sell commodities, teachers, professional athletes, persons who purchase AKC canines, clergy members who lend their services to large denominations, and members of management deserve contracts. As for me I will simply trust in management’s generosity.

Also I’m sure you’re right, more than 33% of our pilots now agree with you and me. Look out union, the pilots want their parent, child relationship with management back.

I have not posted much on this web-site! With that in mind I have to say that placing blame on the pilots or current management for recent furloughs is not the answer! The sole blame for this demise sits in the lap of Mike Schitfinger and his cronies(sanjay "may i get you a slurpy" Aggarwal). We need to keep focused on that fact that Mat Slinghoff is doing an incredible job as well as management negotioning team. This contract will get done soon and Flight options will prevail as a premier fractional in the industry. Along with Netjets! What we need to do is focus on doing our job as safely and professionally as possible.

In lite of the recent lay-offs, things have gotten better for us pilots. Management has gone out of their way to take care of us. I personally feel bad that I still have a job and the co-pilots that I have flown with in the last eight years do not. However this is the fault of schitfinger and may he rot in hell for his selfish attitude towards our clients and pilots. He has now screwed up two companies in aviation. Let's hope that there is not a third.

For people like B19 to blame the union for our demise is insane. He has not helped the situation. Not to mention the Net Jets pilots union that after begging us to join their cause abandon us when we needed them most! The unity in our union is stronger than ever and when the economic crisis turns upward we will still be there. Hopefully with the 104 pilots that has just been laid off!

In closing we all need to do are parts to make this company work and also support the union. Ask Mat Slinghoff and he would agree. But this anti-union and anti-Flight Options crap has got to stop. Our competitors would love see us fade into the dark. That is the true reason why Net Jets union hung us out to dry and made there own union. The more we work together the stronger we will be. We will fight on till we close the doors. I think a year from now we will be setting a new standard in the industry union and management alike.

I appoligize for all the grammitcal mistakes and spelling in advance.

Not bad for your first post.

See how he tries to get the FLOPS pilots to befriend him by saying how evil management is, then spreads hate towards NJASAP? See how he tries to spread separation? That is pretty clever.

The FLOPS pilots know that the NetJets pilots only left 1108 because we didn't need the teamsters anymore. We gave the FLOPS pilots everything they needed to succeed. What they did with those resources is up to 1108.

Now take a look at your strongest supporters on these boards. NJW, CA1900, Freedom, Dime Line, 993_Pilot, Semore Butts, Fischman, etc... How many of us are NJA people?

I am

Hawker 800XP.

I left a non-union fractional to go to Netjets specifically because it had a union.

It has worked out very well for me.

I left a non union fractional for another non union fractional which is now being absorbed by an in- house union subsidiary. Go figure!
icon7.gif

Hawker 800XP.

I left a non-union fractional to go to Netjets specifically because it had a union.

It has worked out very well for me.

That is exactly what I have been advocating. If you are not happy with being in a non-union company, go and find a union job that fits you.

There are 33% of those pilots at FLOPS (plus the rest of the company) that didn't want the union.

I have not posted much on this web-site! With that in mind I have to say that placing blame on the pilots or current management for recent furloughs is not the answer! The sole blame for this demise sits in the lap of Mike Schitfinger and his cronies(sanjay "may i get you a slurpy" Aggarwal). We need to keep focused on that fact that Mat Slinghoff is doing an incredible job as well as management negotioning team. This contract will get done soon and Flight options will prevail as a premier fractional in the industry. Along with Netjets! What we need to do is focus on doing our job as safely and professionally as possible.

In lite of the recent lay-offs, things have gotten better for us pilots. Management has gone out of their way to take care of us. I personally feel bad that I still have a job and the co-pilots that I have flown with in the last eight years do not. However this is the fault of schitfinger and may he rot in hell for his selfish attitude towards our clients and pilots. He has now screwed up two companies in aviation. Let's hope that there is not a third.

For people like B19 to blame the union for our demise is insane. He has not helped the situation. Not to mention the Net Jets pilots union that after begging us to join their cause abandon us when we needed them most! The unity in our union is stronger than ever and when the economic crisis turns upward we will still be there. Hopefully with the 104 pilots that has just been laid off!

In closing we all need to do are parts to make this company work and also support the union. Ask Mat Slinghoff and he would agree. But this anti-union and anti-Flight Options crap has got to stop. Our competitors would love see us fade into the dark. That is the true reason why Net Jets union hung us out to dry and made there own union. The more we work together the stronger we will be. We will fight on till we close the doors. I think a year from now we will be setting a new standard in the industry union and management alike.

I appoligize for all the grammitcal mistakes and spelling in advance.

The demise isn't BECAUSE of the union, but the union will prevent future success by removing the ability for the company to adjust to the changing business climate.

It remains to be seen how the "industry leading contract" will fare through these rough times.

If two years from now we are looking at non-union fracs as being stable finanicially as well as a peaceful work environment compared to prolonged and bitter contract negotiations at NJ for concessions to their "industry leading contract" and FLOPS for the contract that never happened, then we'll know just how successful the union infiltration was.

I still predict that the "industry leading contract" will be in complete turmoil by this time next year.

Last edited:
To some extent

There is no way
Flying airplanes safely is the pilot's job. Signing and retaining customers is management's job.

My PRIMARY job is to fly airplanes safely.

I think it is foolhardy to neglect the SECONDARY responsibility EVERY company employee has to help retain owners/customers. If I can make a passenger's experience the most outstanding one they have ever had, I have worked to preserve them as a customer - and preserve my job. Will I take a broken airplane because they really want to go? No. Will I dip under minimums looking for an airport because they don't want to divert? No. Will I run out to get the Grey Poupon the catereer forgot? Absolutely.

Ultimately, management will pay me better and give me better benefits because the company makes more money.

Latest resources

Back