• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Phenom overrun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't believe so. I got them from Opera using wet runway. I don't believe Opera gives you factored numbers.

*edit*

I just double checked my numbers and settings in Opera and the same information keeps coming up. The wet, unfactored landing distances I posted above appear to be accurate.

Now, there is a SAFO that says if you don't have wet runway numbers from the manufacturer, you can use 15% on top of the 15% you are already adding...so a 2,194 dry unfactored would become 2,904 feet. But I've fiddled with Opera trying to get 2900 for a wet runway and just can't. Opera is telling me the unfactored landing distance at 13000 lbs is 4200 feet. I'll check the Tab Data later today, maybe the Tab Data is different?

Turns out my Opera numbers are factored...I don't know why. I can't find a way to change it.

I don't believe so. I got them from Opera using wet runway. I don't believe Opera gives you factored numbers.

*edit*

I just double checked my numbers and settings in Opera and the same information keeps coming up. The wet, unfactored landing distances I posted above appear to be accurate.

Now, there is a SAFO that says if you don't have wet runway numbers from the manufacturer, you can use 15% on top of the 15% you are already adding...so a 2,194 dry unfactored would become 2,904 feet. But I've fiddled with Opera trying to get 2900 for a wet runway and just can't. Opera is telling me the unfactored landing distance at 13000 lbs is 4200 feet. I'll check the Tab Data later today, maybe the Tab Data is different?

Run it again, when the told card is showing click on the results tab and then the required distances tab. You will then see a factored number that matched the front of the told card and a unfactored value thats somewhere around 2900 feet. Also, the back of the qrh has a nonfactored wet column as well.

Bump

bump

So what was the outcome of this overrun by Flops?

We still haven't heard the details on this. Until then we can't say much.

Especially with the Obama shutdown, NTSB website says no updates will be provided until Reid and Pelosi get back to work or something like that.

Especially with the Obama shutdown, NTSB website says no updates will be provided until Reid and Pelosi get back to work or something like that.

You should see an update momentarily. Reid and Pelosi are hard at work.

Oh wait. They're working to tuck it to the little people and blame the Reps.

Bias?

No slamming anyone here, just for info info. Good news nobody hurt. Be careful out there.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/218362721.html

So why is it when Options has an overrun, it makes the board the very same day (courtesy of an NJA pilot, no less), yet an NJA Sovereign had an overrun in PBI on Sunday and we hear not a peep? Diverted to PBI and overran into the 14 EMAS on landing, anyone know what the issue was?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA334/history/20131027/1800Z/MYGF/KIAH

Looks like the EMAS worked, so thankfully a more benign outcome, but just sayin - doesn't seem fair on the coverage here.

How do you overrun a Sovereign? A typical ref speed is 100 and it has monster ass anti-skid brakes. Hell the TR's barely get out before you're slowing through 40knots. Ive flown 334. Wonder who the Capt was.

I wonder if there are any malfunctions that would cause those systems to be inoperative?

Not that familiar w/ the plane, and obvously don't know what the issue was (hence my asking). Just curious though - does the 680 have the same issue with nosewheel steering lines occasionally failing as its 750 cousin? I know that's led to a few A-side hyd losses in the 750 fleet, which makes for a looong landing (emer brakes only) compared to the normal numbers.

Latest resources

Back