• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flops are selling off alot of planes..Just look around there all over the internet and Magazines. And they are cancelling orders or selling the plane off the day they get it..No rumor just fact there

Great post, Hog!! Sorry, Foz, I know it's full of those pesky straight facts and the fudspinners whine when they hear it...kinda like dogs with a high pitched noise...they go berserk but the rest of us are fine hearing the truth. However, let's be fair here. Your own post was quite hard-hitting, too, when it comes to posting history and facts....;) For example...

Your point about upper management shoving cuts down workers' throats was so real and unvarnished that I was having flashbacks about my husband getting furloughed from AA while the executives were caught (by the vigilant union) scrambling to exempt their money from the slash and burn program. Yeah, we got burned there, but management was wielding the torch...:angryfire

BACK OFF, B19. DO NOT QUOTE MY POST WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I DO NOT WANT MY WORDS TWISTED IN A FUDSPINNER'S POST. I AM CLAIMING OWNERSHIP OF MY OWN HISTORY.

Flops are selling off alot of planes..Just look around there all over the internet and Magazines. And they are cancelling orders or selling the plane off the day they get it..No rumor just fact there

can somebody "in the know" elaborate intelligently about this? thanks!

This really isn't complicated. If you unionize - you essentially force your employer pay you more than he/she thinks you're worth. Look at the young guys at the regionals who would kill for your job, and ask yourself again .. am I underpaid? If you don't think you're making enough, then find better compensation elsewhere. Can't do it? Then this is what you're worth. And only a scumbag would drag his fellow employees into this. Let every man decide for himself what he's worth.

Great post, Hog!! Sorry, Foz, I know it's full of those pesky straight facts and the fudspinners whine when they hear it...kinda like dogs with a high pitched noise...they go berserk but the rest of us are fine hearing the truth. However, let's be fair here. Your own post was quite hard-hitting, too, when it comes to posting history and facts....;) For example...

Your point about upper management shoving cuts down workers' throats was so real and unvarnished that I was having flashbacks about my husband getting furloughed from AA while the executives were caught (by the vigilant union) scrambling to exempt their money from the slash and burn program. Yeah, we got burned there, but management was wielding the torch...:angryfire

BACK OFF, B19. DO NOT QUOTE MY POST WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I DO NOT WANT MY WORDS TWISTED IN A FUDSPINNER'S POST. I AM CLAIMING OWNERSHIP OF MY OWN HISTORY.

Back off? ROFL!!! :laugh:

Here is your exact, disgusting quote:

Another good analogy, GF. All those rank and file frac workers...personally, I prefer CA1900's term-- support folks...were free to be pilots if they had chosen to make that investment. Maybe they prefer being home with their families every night? Sleeping in their own beds? Being home on holidays? Not working a 14/10 schedule? Not being responsible for the lives of pax? Not having their license at risk every flight? Oh wait, support folks don't have to have a license from the FAA do they? I bet they recognize that pilots have additional skills and experience that support folks don't have because they're dealing with reality--not flinging FUD. PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIVES AND SHOULD BE COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY
Embarrassing, disgusting and completely full of disrespect for all non-pilot fraction and industry employees.

There it is, in your own words. Live with it, and I'll be more than happy to compile all of the original posts to show there was no word twisting involved.

There is no editing, no changes, no word twisting.

Want me to dig up the others? It's not very hard.

This really isn't complicated. If you unionize - you essentially force your employer pay you more than he/she thinks you're worth. Look at the young guys at the regionals who would kill for your job, and ask yourself again .. am I underpaid? If you don't think you're making enough, then find better compensation elsewhere. Can't do it? Then this is what you're worth. And only a scumbag would drag his fellow employees into this. Let every man decide for himself what he's worth.

Makes sense to me, and while it's not a popular opinion on this board (as you are soon to find out), that's been what I've been stating for ages.

I could have chosen to invest (and study) to become an MD ... but I did not. How is that disrespectful? ... To non-Doctor employees at a Hospital. Like lab-techs or nurses?

when you need surgery ... you care mostly about who the doctor is holding the scalpel as you lie on the operating table. You appreciate the people who prepared you before you see the Doctor ... but ... Its all about seeing that Doctor.

This not disrespect ... it is fact.

While planes don't move unless paper moves and money moves ... You care mostly about the crew flying your trip. This is why every Frac company's website brags primarily how good their crews are.

We have great accountants at our company ... but not a word about them on the company website.

Last edited:
leave b19 alone, he cant help it. They have no age verification process at this site. So the kiddies can post on here.

can somebody "in the know" elaborate intelligently about this? thanks!

M.S. said that we had planed on getting 13 new aircraft this year. But do to "economic conditions" we canceled most of those orders and that is non reversible. I believe he said we would only be getting about 4 new aircraft this year (to replace the 10+ year aircraft). But here is where it gets interesting, he doesn't say how many aircraft he will be selling this year. I do know we have been selling many aircraft from our fleet. So by the end of the year, it is anybodies guess how many aircraft we will have left.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back