• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Impass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CJS, it's obvious you're not part of the frac industry because your opinions don't match reality. Pilots are avoiding the FLOPS and many of the ones working there got disgusted with the sub-par wages and left. The "line around the block" is actually at NJA where the pilots have the best deal in the frac industry hands down.

Being an outsider you wouldn't realize that the CEOs of NJ and CS were so concerned by the shrinking supply of qualified pilots that they just recently raised wages for the second time in under 3 years. Smart managers know that it's irresponsible to waste training dollars in a revolving door fashion instead of paying a professional salary guaranteed to keep the pilots you already have a significant investment in.

HD wasn't arrogant; he was practical. Everyone knows you don't compare apples to oranges so when it comes to pilot pay only the wages of another pilot group in the same industry matters. BTW, NJ pilots helped the mechanics and the FAs with their contracts. Those workers feel thankful toward 1108 pilots-- not insulted.

It's easy to see why frac pilots and their spouses would want to post here, but what is the motive of those who spread misinformation?

NJW, you are not part of the fractional industry either. You are a pilot's wife that has a right to post here, but you don't get it.

It's not about the money, it's about the industry, what's best for the company and those within it.

Unions have traditionally torn down good companies, and if the economy continues, you will be crying "bad management" when things start to go bad just like all the unions did 7 years ago.

Because somebody doesn't share your opinion, doesn't mean it's misinformation.

The misinformation is when the union doesn't explain all the pitfalls to pilots about the turmoil created to the non-pilot employees that you disrespect so much.

You won't admit that 1108 hasn't gotten it done yet, and won't with the slipping economy.

You just stand there with your husband volunteering for pay spitting out the union propaganda...

NJW,

Rather than repeat myself, I've got a simple question for you. Well, not you, but your husband. What is it about flying that justifies forming a union? It's not too often you see guys with four year degrees forming bargaining units anywhere other than aviation ..

Another question: If it's really that bad, why not leave? Hell, there aren't many other professions where instead of leaving for a better job, you try to band everybody together to demand more pay.

Aviation is very complicated and a pilot's license is on the line with every flight. If something goes wrong a pilot will fare better with a representative on his side to make sure fair rules are followed. The demanding lifestyle allows too much room for management to take advantage of the pilots without written rules to protect their interests. Managers can too easily lose sight of the fact that the workforce is their greatest asset. When that happens the Union can remind them but an individual would still be ignored. Those are just off the top of my head. My husband could add to the list but he's on a busy schedule this week. Working for the pilotgroup in CMH on his days off. Unity and camaraderie are very high in 1108 and NJASAP. My family is proud of our connection with the pilots and their families. In the cockpit pilots must rely on each other as a matter of safety. I think that appreciation for teamwork carries over to the Union work they do together to protect each other career wise.

You continually get it wrong; is that deliberate?! I have repeatedly explained that the pay is good at NJA -- over 100K for a 6 yr Captain like my husband. There are millions of unionized workers in America and even more around the world. Why are you against the Options pilots getting a fair contract?

THE OPTIONS PILOTS ARE STANDING UP AGAINST SUB-PAR WAGES. THEIR INEPT CEO IS A PROVEN LIAR WHO SHOULD GET THE BLACK BOOT.

NJW,

Rather than repeat myself, I've got a simple question for you. Well, not you, but your husband. What is it about flying that justifies forming a union? It's not too often you see guys with four year degrees forming bargaining units anywhere other than aviation ..

Another question: If it's really that bad, why not leave? Hell, there aren't many other professions where instead of leaving for a better job, you try to band everybody together to demand more pay.

CJS,
Are you a pilot for FO?

GA boards 2005

Ok, how the heck do you get into the merchant marines? I've been out of school for 3 months as an electrical engineer and am ready to throw in the towel at a moment's notice .. definitely not my cup of tea.

For those of you who are interested, west coast longshoreman make between $70-100k per year doing manual labor (the crane operators can close in on $200k). The catch? You have to work on "casual" status for several years, basically begging for a day of work here and there until you have accrued a few thousand hours and pass a skills test. But hey, once you're in, you're in.

Anyone know where to get a job as a oil derrick/field worker for an oil company? I've heard the pay is good.

While we're at it, can anyone throw me a few suggestions for jobs which involve outdoor work and decent pay without having to pay for more school?

this thread:

Heh, 40k. Consider yourself lucky.

If it's that bad, why stick around? There's a line around the block waiting to fill your seat, and you know it. That's why management balks at even paying you what you make now ..

Really, there are plenty of people out there who spend more than you did on education, and earn far less. All that matters to your employer is your market value dictated by the supply of qualified pilots.

Yeah, its a raw deal. Tens of thousands of dollars in education, unpredictable employment prospects, a large amount of responsibility, life on the road, etc etc. But everybody and their brother wants to be a pilot, so what do you expect?

That's a slap in the face to every mechanic who's ever touched a plane you've flown. Oh, the arrogance.

For the life of me I can't imagine why you'd be posting on this board, and why little boys feel the need to play here at all. Adding the 11th complete and utter waste of space to the ignore list. Congrats, it has to take an extreme lack of brain cells and obsessive pilot envy to get there. Enjoy your own inner hell all by yourself... :::click::::

Ok, I've decided

Now that your labor rate is being negotiated as a commodity, you have to ask yourself one question: If every pilot at FLOPS were to leave tomorrow, would FLOPS be able to refill those slots at the current pay rate? If not, you indeed are underpaid. If so, you are either paid at the market rate, or overpaid.

I'll leave that one for you to decide.

Ok...I've decided.

News Flash:

Out of 9 new-hires in this months class, one was recommended for a check ride at Simuflite.

So yea Flops management can get applicants, but none of them are making it to the line.

Bottom line, we are paid 50% of the industry standard and as such management can only attract pilots unsuited for the task.

Time to pay up management.

As for you CJS, go turn a wrench or something. At least do your homework before you come on here.

HD, please don't quote B19. I have him on ignore for a reason.

I agree ...MANY of us do! As I have said many times before it is just as trollish to keep RESPONDING to a KNOWN TROLL. Anyone who AT THIS POINT uses the excuse that they do it so bad info isn't out there, is lying, because a simple search when anyone "new" sees he is catching nothing with his bait, will enlighten people MORE THAN ENOUGH as to what he is about, and if they live under a rock, what FLOPS is about. Don;t GIVE him a forum for his BS! Use the IGNORE, and I assure you he will move on when he is only talking to HIMSELF!

So, yes, you ARE a troll if you respond to him, no matter what your pointless reasons.

I agree ...MANY of us do! As I have said many times before it is just as trollish to keep RESPONDING to a KNOWN TROLL. Anyone who AT THIS POINT uses the excuse that they do it so bad info isn't out there, is lying, because a simple search when anyone "new" sees he is catching nothing with his bait, will enlighten people MORE THAN ENOUGH as to what he is about, and if they live under a rock, what FLOPS is about. Don;t GIVE him a forum for his BS! Use the IGNORE, and I assure you he will move on when he is only talking to HIMSELF!

So, yes, you ARE a troll if you respond to him, no matter what your pointless reasons.

Faulty reasoning from the Voice of Reason.

I get way too much support through PMs to ignore the stupid union supporting rhetoric posted on these boards.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and ignore the truth, that's fine with me, that's why I've given instructions on how to place me on ignore.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back