Flops, CS and Flex reaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voice of Reason:

I haven't seen too many rub your face in it posts on here. The couple I have seen were directed at specific posters who were vocal opponents of NJA or the Union. People are excited don't get me wrong. I have received nothing but positive support from fellow frax pilots out on the road. I still say this helps us all.

Just a thought....

squonk said:
Voice of Reason:

I haven't seen too many rub your face in it posts on here. The couple I have seen were directed at specific posters who were vocal opponents of NJA or the Union. People are excited don't get me wrong. I have received nothing but positive support from fellow frax pilots out on the road.

I do hope the positive support continues... I have seen a lot of "rub it in your face" posts...HOWEVER, those are likely not from actual NetJets pilots. I am just hoping that the IBT covert posters can now stop trying to infect the attitudes of other pilot groups in their attempt to save their own drowning union ship that has been losing money and membership for years now.

If their "stirring up" of one group vs another actually starts working, I'd be remiss if I did not remind the instigators that many sayings are around for a reason: "What goes around comes around," "Every dog has its day," "Who's Crying Now," ...cliches that have been around since the beginning af time, because everything is cyclical. I am reminded just a few years back of the fellow co-workers who jumped ship to United and USAir...I was happy for most...but then, there were those who wanted to flaunt their perceived newly enlarged genitals...Yet, now where are they? At the bottom of the barrel with no impending hope of much more... A few years ago, who would have thought that was even possible? Now they are begging to get on with a frac, as hard as it is for some of us in the fracs to understand why.

My point is, support each other...and always remember that the shoe always ends up on the other foot at some point...That's just how it goes.

In the meantime, recognize that certain posters are here ONLY to instigate discontent between the groups...some are long time posters (ie: On Your Six...and MANY more), seemingly obsessed with making seemingly innocuous posts to that end. NetJets ACTUAL pilots, good luck to you...you've suffered through a lot from both mgt and IBT... FLOPS pilots...It's easy to get caught up in "how bad" things are (and they ARE at times), but its not isolated within the company. Raytheon getting almost whole ownership is GOOD thing...they will always want to make more money off their products. Fight professional for what you deserve...I was VERY impressed by the post on the co board (for actual FLOPS pilots with a password, it is under "Co Questions", "tier 3 update" 10-12-05, 4:15:04, poster initials A.T....I will not post it here as I do not have permission from, or know the poster, and it requires a password and people post under REAL names) FINALLY a reasonable person who can get a point across in a professional way, without coming off like a trucker...yet NOT backing down. So for all of those who have tried to label me in a little box, and accuse me of this or that...THAT post is EXACTLY how I think things should be handled, and people like THAT need to organize. People like THAT can change things for the better and elevate the profession, not the IBT paid sludge that lurks around the board day and night. The pen is mighter than the club, and professionals get treated like professionals, not the mafia.

greygoose said:
From the variety of people I have talked with, you do not go down to first year pay. If your making 6th year FO that will lateral to the same captain pay, but you wont loose your pay.

That is true. The "slide-to-parity" thing. However, isn't 6th year FO the equivalent of a second year captain? In other words, even though you have been there 6 years, you won't get six year captain pay.

RJET,

I recently had a friend of mine upgrade. He has been here four years exactly.

Flex schedule is a 21on/9off schedule. In those 21 days, you will work 15. You will not know which days you work in advance. Max days on the road straight is 8. There are other rules about days off and callout. PM me for details.

There is no "typical" duty day.

Relax Voice of Reason, so far every FLOPS crew and FLEX crew have offered congrats on the new contract and are excited for what it will do for the whole industry. Why you so bitter towards NJA anyway?? Just curious.

Personally, I think my 90K for working 168 days a year will suit me quite well...

Hey Voice,
You sound a little bitter but I could be reading you wrong.
It sounds like your against unions, is that true?

I have to agree that unions may not have there places, but in aviation it's a no brainer. You see, NetJets and Warren Buffet have always had the money to pay us. It was the outstanding group of unified pilots and the hard work of our MEC that got the money out of them. Do you realize how many more days a year the Flight Option guys work and how much more we make now because of our union.
I'm sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I just want you to know that we would be in the same boat or probably worse if it wasn't for our union working for us. I'm getting 40 thousand dollars because of my union. Flight Options could have the same if they got together like we did. You guys deserve the same. We want to help you guy's. It's good for the whole industry.
Good luck

Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason is anti- union because he is getting the SFO bennies that would be gone if we vote in the union at Flops. He has everything to loose in a fair system.

Thanks to NJs for raising the bar. I hope we can do the same for you guys one day.

Voice of Treason

He can say Bye Bye to the free money the rest of us break our backs to make. The drive will be successful this time.

Obviously FedMagnet Not Flops

Fedmagnet said:
Voice of Reason is anti- union because he is getting the SFO bennies that would be gone if we vote in the union at Flops. He has everything to loose in a fair system.

Thanks to NJs for raising the bar. I hope we can do the same for you guys one day.

You are on some SERIOUS crack, dude... :nuts:

Guess you had no access to the Co board post I spoke about...

Stickshaker said:
Hey Voice,
You sound a little bitter but I could be reading you wrong.
It sounds like your against unions, is that true?

Not at all... I just don't want to be associated with an unprofessional one that encourages trucker behavior...

Why is it that the only argument everyone has for the teamsters is that we are unprofessional truckers.

There is nothing wrong with truckers. They make an honest living doing a tough job. No autopilot or anything just a long lonely road.

Look at 1108. We separated from 284 started a whole new union, set up the infrastructure that we can be proud of, started a war chest to fight anything in the future for fellow pilots, and finally got a TA that we can be proud of by raising the bar for everyone.

But keep calling us a union thug. I think we've proved ourselves.

Latest resources

Back