• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops, CS and Flex reaction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before the TA from Flops/CS/Flex managment to the pilots, " Dont worry about NetJets. What ever they make and what ever thier work rules are we will match them trust us. You dont need a union we will take care of all our pilots."

After the the TA from Flops/CS/Flex managment to the pilots, " Sorry we can't afford to pay you what NetJets makes now or match thier work rules or any other part of thier contract. But don't worry we will take care of you some how and no you still don't need a union trust us!"

MOST, Options pilots I've spoken with are encouraged by the TA. It seems as if it will help the union drive here.

be-400xpdriver said:
Before the TA from Flops/CS/Flex managment to the pilots, " Dont worry about NetJets. What ever they make and what ever thier work rules are we will match them trust us. You dont need a union we will take care of all our pilots."

After the the TA from Flops/CS/Flex managment to the pilots, " Sorry we can't afford to pay you what NetJets makes now or match thier work rules or any other part of thier contract. But don't worry we will take care of you some how and no you still don't need a union trust us!"

I wonder what the FLOPS management will do when their pilots start to leave for NJA or greener pastures elsewhere? I know FLOPS has already lost a lot of pilots. Maybe Swift will get more of the flying...

On Your Six said:
I wonder what the FLOPS management will do when their pilots start to leave for NJA or greener pastures elsewhere? I know FLOPS has already lost a lot of pilots. Maybe Swift will get more of the flying...

They would be happy if a bunch of us left. That way, they can replace us with pilots at Year 1 pay. Remember, we don't get longevity pay. We get paid for time in seat.

Frac Daddy

Is dead on, everyone over year one pay must upgrade to year one pay (oxymoran) or quit at Flops.

To make us feel better, they will throw us a bone. Maybe a $2.00 bump on that $27.00 quarterly fuel card or something big like that. By the way, whats the latest calculation for how much it cost to distribute and use those fuel cards. This has got to be in the Guiness book for: Most Expense way to give someone $27.00, Also: Most Dificult Way to Spend $27.00. Congratulations to Flops for reaching another milestone in aviation.
:cartman:

Frac Daddy said:
They would be happy if a bunch of us left. That way, they can replace us with pilots at Year 1 pay. Remember, we don't get longevity pay. We get paid for time in seat.

Just want to make sure I understand this. Once you upgreade you go back to 1st year pay as captain? (Sorry, I am new to the fractional world)
How long are upgrades now in days?
What's this flex schedule 15days max a month?
Typical duty day?
Thanks

From the variety of people I have talked with, you do not go down to first year pay. If your making 6th year FO that will lateral to the same captain pay, but you wont loose your pay.

greygoose said:
From the variety of people I have talked with, you do not go down to first year pay. If your making 6th year FO that will lateral to the same captain pay, but you wont loose your pay.

You don't see your paycheck reduced immediately, but real income will be eroded by cost of living. Assume for our demonstration purposes that 6th year FO pay in the equipment you're flying is equivilent to year 2 Capt pay for the aircraft in which your seniority allows you to hold the seat. You successfully bid the new aircraft, but won't see a pay increase until year 3 AS CAPTAIN. You also sign a training agreement and are now seat locked for a year. The current system is penalizes you for the upgrade. The "Slide to Parity" pay scale based on years in seat, not years of service. So the longer you sit as an FO, the worse it gets. It is a regressive pay system.

hehehehe

On Your Six said:

You seriously don't need to worry about Flops pilots wanting to go to NJA.... That choice would rank just below charter contract work and Wal-Mart greeter.
Enjoy your NJA "riches" :laugh: while they last...Uncle Warren is said to be getting bored with you... Be careful how you act toward your sister/brother Raytheon/Flops pilots...the industry is small, and Raytheon will always be around...one never knows just how the tables will turn, and people have very good memories....
Flops pilots may not be ecstatic right now (for reasons that have NOTHING to do with the narcissistic NetJets IBT posting group)...But then, it is a state of mind that is rampant through the ENTIRE industry right now...It's just the cards the profession is being dealt right now. You can work toward making things better (without having to take on the persona of angry truckers)...but the crazy "peacock" posting is doing more harm to your own futures than you realize at this point. I wouldn't WANT to be associated with such a group. There are a lot of jobs that pay more, but that doesn't mean I'd want to be associated with the classless images of some of them...KWIM?

Latest resources

Back