• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://airlinesafety.com/Unions/LaborCostsStupid.htm

You are calling me crazy and a lunatic?
YES!

As Albert Einstein once said; Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Kind of like your posts huh?

YOU are the one expecting different results. :laugh:

I enjoyed the link you sent. Even though it is from 2005. I noticed that it said SWA was the only airline making money.. Ahhh don't they also have a union? So, what makes them different? The mgt at SWA and the union have a relationship to make the company profitable-not just one side.

It also mentioned Jet Blue. The JB stock is half of what it was a year ago and they also had to go to ERAU and UND for pilot candidates. Sounds like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for finances and qualified pilots. Why? Could it be the pay?

I know that spreading FUD is your job. I am not sure what you would be qualified to do if aviation mgt had reasonable salaries and gave reasonable salaries to employees. Perhaps a divorce attny? They like to talk a lot and lie for pay.
You call this greed of the unions. I can look further than my nose at the real problems. Look at the top of the food chain-CEO's. Did most of them do 26.6 mil worth of work? Did they earn the airline 100 times that? Until the CEO's get reasonable salaries and their frinds get kicked off the boards that approve those silly salaries and bonuses things will not change. In order to support those salaries the money has to come from somewhere right? Well an airline ticket is pretty cheap these days. So the cash has to come from within-the employees. The employees revolt and thats where the union comes in to fight for the rights and pay of the employees. It is a simple solution-control the FAT CAT at the top of the hill. Then the rest will fall in place.
You act like every pilot is asking for a yearly salary of a cool million. Check this out:
The threshold of the poverty line—that's around $38,000 a year for a family of four. Poor is at the poverty line or below.
Now look at the salaries at airlines....They pay at the poverty line or if you can survive you can finally become a blue collar worker.
You get what you pay for--ever hear of that?
You show every day that you are nothing more than a ranting and raving village idiot.

Hear! Hear! Good post, Galaxy! During the NJ contract battle the pilots dug in their heels because they were tired of working for wages that qualified them for govt assistance. I personally know a NJ pilot that was using WIC to feed his kids. Lucky for my family that my husband was retired AF; otherwise, his NJ wages alone would have qualified our kids for the reduced-price lunch program. Talk about insanity! Expecting professional pilots who are responsible for lives to subsidize the wealthy owners and/or company fat cats is a plan doomed to failure. There is a middle-road approach, based on mutual respect and fairness and 1108 has found it. The majority of frac pilots have chosen that path.

Babble?? It sure is funny that you are the one called Babbling Bob given that you have a past life as a scab. given that your nickname; "Babbling Bob" has been around long ago.

I knew that ultimately, you cannot speak for yourself. Apparently, you need websites to speak for you. Instead of posting links, why don't you use your own brain and formulate your own thoughts?

BTW, BOB, you have, once again, been busted.

drunken stupor post.:0

however, the intended content remains true.

Have any other Flight Options pilots noticed the font similiarities between Bob Tyler's internal emails and B19's posts here? Better come up with a new screen name Bob.

Be careful what you ask for!

Have any other Flight Options pilots noticed the font similiarities between Bob Tyler's internal emails and B19's posts here? Better come up with a new screen name Bob.

How is the contract coming along?

The union was voted in almost a year ago wasn't?

All I read is on these boards is about wonderful it is with the union in place.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't see the union doing anything
but creating problems for the FLOPS pilots.

None of the other fracs complain about their status.

Looks like the FLOPS pilots got exactly what they wanted.

CA1900, pppsssttt the village idiot is back out wandering loose on the square ...:rolleyes: Watch out! He's flinging FUD again and his speech is garbled--"All I read is on these boards is about wonderful it is with the union in place". I wonder if he drinks while posting :confused:

My sympathy to the Options pilots for the embarrassment their unwanted, self-appointed spokesman is causing them. Everyone else realizes that the Options pilots are the best ones to decide how things are going for them and the rational members of the board leave it to them to decide what group is the one causing their problems.

Actually, the Options pilots have come far and just being in negotiations is significant progress. They finally have a voice in their own career destiny. Bravo! I admire them for standing up for their right to professional compensation and fair work rules. First contracts typically take longer than normal because management has to be dragged kicking and screaming to the table...:mad: Eventually they overcome their arrogance and learn to partner with the workforce. Smart managers figure out that the best way to increase productivity is to put away the stick and offer carrots. Reasonable members of the frac community know that all you have to do is look at NJA to see how true that is. I guess every village has its idiot...:rolleyes:

Boots are the fashion solution for wading through the FUD...NJW

With as deep as it gets from a few certain posters here, I think sometimes either waders or full haz-mat suits are necessary to wade through the FUD...

:D

How is the contract coming along?

Ask management, they (you) are the ones that are dragging their feet. The negotiating committee has repeatedly asked for meeting more than once per month. Management and F&H refuses. You conveniently dodged this point the last time I asked you......as I expect you will this time.

The union was voted in almost a year ago wasn't?

BOB, no need to play dumb. You're already doing a great job at it.

I don't see the union doing anything
but creating problems for the FLOPS pilots.

You blame the pilots for management's campaign of FUD and hostility? Tell us BOB, (put your playbook down and tell us) how is the union creating problems? There has been an overwhelming amount of evidence posted here on management's lies and deception (of which you, again, skirted). Name one thing that 1108 has done that has created problems. Just one.

Looks like the FLOPS pilots got exactly what they wanted.

Damn right. The pilots wanted representation and a voice backed by the RLA. Contract next.

Have a nice day, scab.

Last edited:
CA1900, pppsssttt the village idiot is back out wandering loose on the square ...:rolleyes: Watch out! He's flinging FUD again and his speech is garbled--"All I read is on these boards is about wonderful it is with the union in place". I wonder if he drinks while posting :confused:

My sympathy to the Options pilots for the embarrassment their unwanted, self-appointed spokesman is causing them. Everyone else realizes that the Options pilots are the best ones to decide how things are going for them and the rational members of the board leave it to them to decide what group is the one causing their problems.

Actually, the Options pilots have come far and just being in negotiations is significant progress. They finally have a voice in their own career destiny. Bravo! I admire them for standing up for their right to professional compensation and fair work rules. First contracts typically take longer than normal because management has to be dragged kicking and screaming to the table...:mad: Eventually they overcome their arrogance and learn to partner with the workforce. Smart managers figure out that the best way to increase productivity is to put away the stick and offer carrots. Reasonable members of the frac community know that all you have to do is look at NJA to see how true that is. I guess every village has its idiot...:rolleyes:

Wasn't the union involved when your husband had the opportunity to fly for Eagle?
That wasn't good enough, but it was the AA's fault, right?

Unions don't change.

Two more years of the nonsense, and the market is still changing.
How many more careers (non-pilot and pilot) will be disrupted by union intervention?

Those that voted it in got the crap and turmoil they asked for.
All the rest are considered collateral damage by the union.

:laugh:​
:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back