• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Aircraft in MIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That war was states rights and oppression via slavery. Not surprised you don't see that either since the repulsiveness of slave labor does not part of your vernacular.

You can't even get the beginning of the American Civil War right, no wonder you need a union to speak for you. Slavery was but a small part of the big picture.

Just like when organized labor comes into a company. Work rules, QOL issues and payroll for pilots are only a small part of the big picture of an air carrier.

And I honestly hope, that you are not even beginning to compare being a pilot at any air carrier to slavery in the south before the civil war...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_American_Civil_War

The origins of the American Civil War lay in the complex issues of slavery, competing understandings of federalism, party politics, expansionism, sectionalism, tariffs, economics and modernization in the Antebellum Period.

The United States was a nation divided into two distinct regions separated by the Mason-Dixon line. New England, the Northeast and the Midwest had a rapidly growing economy based on family farms, industry, mining, commerce and transportation, with a large and rapidly growing urban population and no slavery outside the border states. Its growth was fed by a high birth rate and large numbers of European immigrants, especially Irish, British, German, Polish and Scandinavian.

The South was dominated by a settled plantation system based on slavery, with rapid growth taking place in the Southwest such as Texas based on high birth rates and low immigration from Europe. There were few cities or towns, and little manufacturing except in border areas. Although slave owners controlled politics and economics, two-thirds of the Southern whites owned no slaves and usually were engaged in subsistence agriculture.

Overall, the Northern population was growing much more quickly than the Southern population, which made it increasingly difficult for the South to continue to control the national government. Southerners were worried about the relative political decline of their region because the North was growing much faster in terms of population and industrial output.

Make no mistake, IT WAS THE "FLOPS MANANGEMENT MONGERS" that used their corporate wealth/greed to hide a safety issue.

What about the incident in ANJ, Sault Ste Marie, MI on Oct. 18/2007 where the Captain, former Program Manager (EMAY) sucked an engine plug, flew the plane for 5 days, then Bilger throws him behind the ASAP program, and the incident was seen by two "IAs"?

No 501's?

Limitations exceeded?

Passengers flown?

Captain performing maintenance on N443LX with no documentation?

How do you think the entire Pilot group and the Owner's feel?

PRICELESS!

Your post doesn't make sense.

I made an observation to a NJ owner about the union supporters consistantly stating that they serve the richest people on the planet, thus the finances are never going to be a problem and the company is never going to come upon hard times, and you came up with this?

What on earth do the two of them have in common? Please help me understand.

BTW; still waiting for you to address the other points......scab

I'm going to make this wonderfully clear.

First, I don't know what "other points" you are talking about, and at this point, even if I did, I wouldn't waste my time answering them for you.

Next, the word "Scab" is one not to use lightly, because it encompasses many people that I would personally hold in high regard because they all told the unions to shove it up where the sun don't shine.

Last but not least. Crossing the picket line is different from dreaming about crossing a picket line which is something I've never had the opportunity to do. I've never paid a nickel in union dues, and I never will. The union has already stolen too much money out of my pocket.

You can't even get the beginning of the American Civil War right, no wonder you need a union to speak for you. Slavery was but a small part of the big picture.

Just like when organized labor comes into a company. Work rules, QOL issues and payroll for pilots are only a small part of the big picture of an air carrier.

And I honestly hope, that you are not even beginning to compare being a pilot at any air carrier to slavery in the south before the civil war...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_American_Civil_War

The origins of the American Civil War lay in the complex issues of slavery, competing understandings of federalism, party politics, expansionism, sectionalism, tariffs, economics and modernization in the Antebellum Period.

The United States was a nation divided into two distinct regions separated by the Mason-Dixon line. New England, the Northeast and the Midwest had a rapidly growing economy based on family farms, industry, mining, commerce and transportation, with a large and rapidly growing urban population and no slavery outside the border states. Its growth was fed by a high birth rate and large numbers of European immigrants, especially Irish, British, German, Polish and Scandinavian.

The South was dominated by a settled plantation system based on slavery, with rapid growth taking place in the Southwest such as Texas based on high birth rates and low immigration from Europe. There were few cities or towns, and little manufacturing except in border areas. Although slave owners controlled politics and economics, two-thirds of the Southern whites owned no slaves and usually were engaged in subsistence agriculture.

Overall, the Northern population was growing much more quickly than the Southern population, which made it increasingly difficult for the South to continue to control the national government. Southerners were worried about the relative political decline of their region because the North was growing much faster in terms of population and industrial output.

Nice job! You just proved my two points. Federalism and slavery were very much a part of the civil war. The plantation owners in the south wanted to dictate to the federal government, realized they were losing power, and very much did not want the federal government banning slavery. Of course you are not smart enough to develop nor present your own thoughts on any subject of magnitude which is why you cut and paste from wikipedia (points that support my first statement) in much the same way that you cut and past your anti-union crap. My first reference to you and the plantation owners of 1863 was in reference to slavery but, like I said, your anti-labor position spouted routinely on this board, shows you have no aversion to slavery.

Last edited:

First, I don't know what "other points" you are talking about, and at this point, even if I did, I wouldn't waste my time answering them for you.

Next, the word "Scab" is one not to use lightly, because it encompasses many people that I would personally hold in high regard because they all told the unions to shove it up where the sun don't shine.

Last but not least. Crossing the picket line is different from dreaming about crossing a picket line which is something I've never had the opportunity to do. I've never paid a nickel in union dues, and I never will.
The union has already stolen too much money out of my pocket

iI hope they steal more from your pocket, cause the stuff you spew out is worthless. You have no business being in aviation or any other industry for that fact.

Last but not least. Crossing the picket line is different from dreaming about crossing a picket line which is something I've never had the opportunity to do. I've never paid a nickel in union dues, and I never will. The union has already stolen too much money out of my pocket.

If you have never paid a nickel in Union dues, the Union could not have stole any money out of your pocket. Please, try to make some sense in your argument - never mind, you just hurt your own cause which ultimately benefits labor and unions. Please keep your silliness - it is very beneficial to the Union movement. I am beginning to think you are a pro-Union guy that is actually making the anti-union crowd look so inept that organizing will never be a problem.

Last edited:
Since Bob here is a SCAB, and doing nothing but flinging FUD, could we basically call him a "SCUD missile?" Similar to the wildly inaccurate and ineffective munitions employed by the poorly trained inept military of Saddam Husseins oppressive regime?

SCUD!

If you have never paid a nickel in Union dues, the Union could not have stole any money out of your pocket. Please, try to make some sense in your argument - never mind, you just hurt your own cause which ultimately benefits labor and unions. Please keep your silliness - it is very beneficial to the Union movement. I am beginning to think you are a pro-Union guy that is actually making the anti-union crowd look so inept that organizing will never be a problem.

I have personally lost tens of thousands of dollars of retirement and payroll as a direct result of union action(s) that were widely known within the industry as radical and not necessary.We won't even get into the loss I incurred by selling my house under market value and relocation expenses.

Let me tell you pal, that was theft out of my pocket and all the other people that were laid off because unions couldn't get their act together and shredded the companies needlessly. Both times the union had all the opportunity in the world to stop it from happening and they just stayed their like the bunch of idiots that they are and let all the employees lose their jobs, their insurance and their careers. That is theft of the highest degree.

Do I have a vast distaste for unions, you betcha there pal... and I think that any young guy that is getting involved in a union really needs to think twice before placing their trust in unions because they have always maintained a scorched earth attitude.
And yes, you want to know one of the many reasons that I post against unions... this is one of the big ones.

I have personally lost tens of thousands of dollars of retirement and payroll as a direct result of union action(s) that were widely known within the industry as radical and not necessary.We won't even get into the loss I incurred by selling my house under market value and relocation expenses.

Let me tell you pal, that was theft out of my pocket and all the other people that were laid off because unions couldn't get their act together and shredded the companies needlessly. Both times the union had all the opportunity in the world to stop it from happening and they just stayed their like the bunch of idiots that they are and let all the employees lose their jobs, their insurance and their careers. That is theft of the highest degree.

Do I have a vast distaste for unions, you betcha there pal... and I think that any young guy that is getting involved in a union really needs to think twice before placing their trust in unions because they have always maintained a scorched earth attitude.
And yes, you want to know one of the many reasons that I post against unions... this is one of the big ones.

I am not your Pal so please don't refer to me as such. Your loss of money was a result of management ineptitude towards market forces, poor use of technology, governance greed, a hundred other reasons, and not any Union action. The "Union label" just gives you convenient spot to place blame since won't study the forces academically.

Just look at the history of Airline Management Teams that have bounced from Airline to Airline and left a trail of destruction behind (you will have to go somewhere academic for research and wikipedia isn't it). It has happened in the 121 world and now it happens in the fractional world. Too bad you can't place the real blame where blame is due. All the airlines that have gone out business or been through bankruptcy, have done so because of extremely incompetent, irresponsible, corrupt, immoral, if not criminal management. I know from personal experience so spare me your unobjective irrational nonsense.

So B19, since you belonged to a pilot group that was unionized and yet did not pay Union dues (you said so), were you a Contract Administration Fee Payer instead? That was really smart, you lost your voice through the inability to vote in Union and Contractual affairs. Good move.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back