• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Non-MIGS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a pile of crap. These people are obligated to pay service fees, not join ur the union. Has nothing to do with future employment,only crossing a pickett line would have that effect and you guys don't have the cajones to vote the crap contract down since you got tired and settled. There are always some questionable people on both sides but the high number of non-migs is the real story. The description I would use for a MIGS who goes with the flow just out of fear without expressing their true opinions is "poser". They are also the loudest, judgemental,accusatory types who are really masking their own inadequacies by displays of false pride. I'd wager there would not be a successful union vote today if the current outcome were known before. When a union tells you no dues until we have a contract that gives real incentive to get the best possible contract and show integrity to do as they say and not change the rules midstream. Management did that multiple times and did it unfairly which generated interest in the union. Ricci wore you all down,just admit it. Selfserving cheese eating rats to protect what was left of the company to stay employed in tough economic times just to stop the bleeding.
WTF does a Dubinsky know about fracs and management styles of a Ricci type? I really feel sad for you people, no winners here. The bar is set so low other frac mgmts are using it to their advantage to the detriment of other non union frac pilots. To the remaining frac players,don't fall for the the IBT union solution.

They got exactly what they asked for.

Even though it was negotiated by their union that they didn't have to pay, those on this board will continue to extort those whenever possible. They have no ability to abide by the contract.

Blame the IBT, not those that are choosing to abide by the contract they didn't want in the first place.

People who are disloyal and force a union onto their co-workers show their character or lack there of. Having your name on a list like this could affect future employment, especially where the union creates instability within the company as this one has.

B19 The instablity at Flight Options is a result of two things.
1. Raytheon funneling assests from Flight Options to RAC to facilitate the sale of RAC.
2. Poor management

Netjets has a union and is not unstable.

I'm curious if you do not and never have worked at Flight Options why do you spend your time on these boards?

A majority of the Flight Options pilots voted in and continue to support the IBT. Using your logic everyone that has ever voted in any election has no charecter because if they are on the majority side they are forcing something on the minority that the minority doesn't want.

Last edited:
They got exactly what they asked for.

Even though it was negotiated by their union that they didn't have to pay, those on this board will continue to extort those whenever possible. They have no ability to abide by the contract.

Blame the IBT, not those that are choosing to abide by the contract they didn't want in the first place.

Paying what you owe is not extortion. I don't agree with how a lot of tax dollars are spent and collected. However elected representitives have decided on spending plans and have put in place a tax code. I owe the taxes even thought I don't always agree with them or the reason behind them. The back dues to day one are the same thing.

Paying what you owe is not extortion. I don't agree with how a lot of tax dollars are spent and collected. However elected representitives have decided on spending plans and have put in place a tax code. I owe the taxes even thought I don't always agree with them or the reason behind them. The back dues to day one are the same thing.

Ok.... Show me where in the bylaws does it state where we are required to pay dues prior to the first contract being signed. I have looked all throughout the bylaws and do not see the requirement. I see that once a contract has been ratified, one is required to pay dues or a service fee.

I remember the letters that praetorian/slinghoff sent to everybody stating that he and his lawers believe that we are required to pay dues prior to contract implementation, but he never quoted the direct bylaw reference.

Not being an at Options anymore I don't have a copy of the By Laws. However prior to the vote, when I was at Options, the elected IBT MEC stated that dues would be required day one after a sucessful vote. The majority of pilots voted for the IBT knowing full well that this was the case. As with most things in a republic just because you object to doesn't give you the right to opt out. As far as agreeing or not with the dues the IBT provided the resources to get a contract. These things were done on behalf of the entire Flops pilot group and have costs associated with them. Who do you expect should bear the financial burden of things done to benefit you?

Who do you expect should bear the financial burden of things done to benefit you?

Who decides what is a benefit? This reads like '1984.' Hi there, Big Brother. Say, now that we're talking and all, two pilots who don't work at Flops, do you think that the majority should always have the right to tell the minority that they need to pay, even when it is for a fight that the minority does not agree with?

Do you have the right to tell others what is a 'benefit?' Even when they disagree?

What kills me about these arguments is that I am dead certain that most of you are staunch republicans. You believe in individual freedom, individual responsibility, until it comes to our jobs. Not just your job, but also your fellow pilot's job. Maybe even my job. Don't you see the hypocrisy? I mean, come on.

The union won. Flops is a closed shop. Now they are paying. Can't you be satisfied?

Last edited:
Hey here's an Oldie, but a Goodie......

Who decides what is a benefit? This reads like '1984.' Hi there, Big Brother. Say, now that we're talking and all, two pilots who don't work at Flops, do you think that the majority should always have the right to tell the minority that they need to pay, even when it is for a fight that the minority does not agree with?

Do you have the right to tell others what is a 'benefit?' Even when they disagree?

What kills me about these arguments is that I am dead certain that most of you are staunch republicans. You believe in individual freedom, individual responsibility, until it comes to our jobs. Not just your job, but also your fellow pilot's job. Maybe even my job. Don't you see the hypocrisy? I mean, come on.

The union won. Flops is a closed shop. Now they are paying. Can't you be satisfied?

Straight from the fire breathing Anti-Union folk just prior to the Union being voted in:

If you don't like it, QUIT!

Last edited:
Not being an at Options anymore I don't have a copy of the By Laws. However prior to the vote, when I was at Options, the elected IBT MEC stated that dues would be required day one after a sucessful vote. The majority of pilots voted for the IBT knowing full well that this was the case. As with most things in a republic just because you object to doesn't give you the right to opt out. As far as agreeing or not with the dues the IBT provided the resources to get a contract. These things were done on behalf of the entire Flops pilot group and have costs associated with them. Who do you expect should bear the financial burden of things done to benefit you?

If you look at the new pay scale, i would say the 6 year beechjet FO bears the financial burden of things done to benefit the 10 year plus captains. The new hires, if opts ever hires again will be the ones to pay for the benefits of the contract. I hope the union will look out for the entire Flops pilot group next time. As far as the non migs they are within their right under the contract. If they didn't want non migs, they should have made Flops a closed shop.

Waco the flaw you have identified is inherent to a republic or democracy. The majority decides what is best for the whole group. If you have a better solution I would recommend that you pursue a career in Political Science.

My satisfaction is not at issue here. What is at issue is that the individuals named on the list have chosen not to do the right thing. They expect someone else to pay the costs of getting the contract while they enjoy the protections that it provides them. Since they cannot be forced to pay their fair share, they are being exposed and subjected to the judgement of their peers.

My point from the begining is that I won't recommend anyone on this list for employment anywhere. That is my individual right.

Flight Options is not a closed shop. It is an agency shop.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back