• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Non-MIGS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im glad too Pro, but......this is a line in the sand (make no mistake about it, this is a divide) no politically correctness here. These people have made their choice and I (and many others) have made my choice. These people happly accept the contract and provisions but dont financially want to support it.
The union offered a repayment program, 50.00 dollars a month, let me say it again, 50.00 a month till paid up in full, the pilots in question said "No". So again there is a divide. I (and many others) CHOSE to pay in full from day one, they CHOSE to not pay from day, They CHOSE not to take the repayment plan, They CHOSE to complain about it, and I CHOOSE to carry a list.

Not looking for any names but were there any surprises for you? I was surprised how big the list is.

Good Luck

God help us if it doesn't shrink by the time we go back to the table.

I know what you are saying Praetorian, but if you look at the individuals on the list, you'll mostly see people without a clue. Many can't tell you the name of their own local, what an E-Board is, who's on the E-Board or what IBT 1108 does them. As a former Flight Options pilot used to (sarcastically) say to these folks "It's only your profession !"

Another appropriate quote: "You can't fix stupid"

Best of luck to you guys.

HB

People who are disloyal and don't pay their bills show their character or lack there of. Having your name on a list like this could affect future employment.

People who are disloyal and don't pay their bills show their character or lack there of. Having your name on a list like this could affect future employment.

What a pile of crap. These people are obligated to pay service fees, not join ur the union. Has nothing to do with future employment,only crossing a pickett line would have that effect and you guys don't have the cajones to vote the crap contract down since you got tired and settled. There are always some questionable people on both sides but the high number of non-migs is the real story. The description I would use for a MIGS who goes with the flow just out of fear without expressing their true opinions is "poser". They are also the loudest, judgemental,accusatory types who are really masking their own inadequacies by displays of false pride. I'd wager there would not be a successful union vote today if the current outcome were known before. When a union tells you no dues until we have a contract that gives real incentive to get the best possible contract and show integrity to do as they say and not change the rules midstream. Management did that multiple times and did it unfairly which generated interest in the union. Ricci wore you all down,just admit it. Selfserving cheese eating rats to protect what was left of the company to stay employed in tough economic times just to stop the bleeding.
WTF does a Dubinsky know about fracs and management styles of a Ricci type? I really feel sad for you people, no winners here. The bar is set so low other frac mgmts are using it to their advantage to the detriment of other non union frac pilots. To the remaining frac players,don't fall for the the IBT union solution.

Fracjack you are clearly a very bitter individual. I bet somehow that your name is on that list. The IBT isn't perfect but I bet the outcome is better than what Scab Bob and S Mike would have done without it. My point is the best jobs in the industry are union jobs. I would NEVER recommend that anyone on that list be hired at SWA. The IBT provided a service from day one and you owe from day one. Period the end.

Fracjack you are clearly a very bitter individual. I bet somehow that your name is on that list. The IBT isn't perfect but I bet the outcome is better than what Scab Bob and S Mike would have done without it. My point is the best jobs in the industry are union jobs. I would NEVER recommend that anyone on that list be hired at SWA. The IBT provided a service from day one and you owe from day one. Period the end.

Yea, and if I knew your name with that know it all attitude combined with total ignorance my many friends at SWA woulda kept you in the cesspool. You have no union experience and have no clue what happens behind the bargaining curtain. I'm not bitter, just very pragmatic....and no,I'm not on the list.

Yea, and if I knew your name with that know it all attitude combined with total ignorance my many friends at SWA woulda kept you in the cesspool. You have no union experience and have no clue what happens behind the bargaining curtain. I'm not bitter, just very pragmatic....and no,I'm not on the list.

I have never, unlike you, claimed to have all the answers. You spend a lot of time bashing the leadership of the 1108 and anyone that supports it. You clearly have an ax to grind. Since you claim I'm so ignorant please educate me. I sit ready to absorb your vast wisdom and Union experience. By the way where do you work? If you have so many influential friends at SWA why aren't you here?

People who are disloyal and force a union onto their co-workers show their character or lack there of. Having your name on a list like this could affect future employment, especially where the union creates instability within the company as this one has.

Latest resources

Back