• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight options new pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will still be working more days a year for way less money than even Avantair flying turboprops...

You know, it really is an unducted fan. Ok, we are a speed bump. Be we do go up to 410! And our cabin is big! Bigger than yours! And we are quiet inside! Okay, I'm sorry. I hope you guys get a good contract.

With my pay raise and perdiem, I'll make about 93000k per year and have 22 days vacation per year and job protections. /QUOTE]

A good point that I hope many consider. The Ricci meal plan is written into the contract now. ALL meals on the company dime.

Pocketing all the perdiem is definitely a tax free perk worth noting![/
QUOTE]

Very true, its not even "Perdiem" anymore, just tax free money named Perdiem. And it looks like food will be put on company cards as well, so no more fronting that money.

With my pay raise a The Ricci meal plan is written into the contract now. ALL meals on the company dime.

Pocketing all the perdiem is definitely a tax free perk worth noting!

I have to admit that eating dinner at Ruth Chris and Landry's on the company dime is fun and I am getting use it. With absolutely no guilt of turning in the receipt.

I have to admit that eating dinner at Ruth Chris and Landry's on the company dime is fun and I am getting use it. With absolutely no guilt of turning in the receipt.

I guess you can use some of the extra per diem you're pocketing to have your uniform altered. :eek: ;)

SLOWJET: Why is it that pilots who do not fly for Flight Options have so much to say about our TA or problems.

BTDI: Because every decision like yours has a lasting affect...good or bad....on the entire pilot industry.

No that just means your schedule is flexible. The max you can work is 8 on then mandatory 6 off. The company can move your days around every month as required. However, you know your schedule by the 15th of the month for the next month and that block won't change. Kinda like bidding a build up line in 121.

Yeah, and at my airline, you don't know your build up line until FOUR DAYS before the month starts. The 15th ain't so bad.

I was furloughed in Jan. 2009, I started with RTA in Feb.2001 and it looks like if I get called back I will be forced in to some crazy 16-2 schedule get a 8.5% raise (don't forget the 1.5% Union dues), still not have any form of 401k matching and go from a Hawker to a pos Beechjet. I don't see an upside.

Holy smokes! A 2001 RTA hire and you were still furloughed? What was the DOH of the last RTA guy furloughed? (I was a AUG 2000 hire there),

You know, it really is an unducted fan. Ok, we are a speed bump. Be we do go up to 410! And our cabin is big! Bigger than yours! And we are quiet inside! Okay, I'm sorry. I hope you guys get a good contract.

I was in no way intending that in a demeaning manner. Your management sees the value in investing in their best resources. Just lashing out because the last bit of fight I had in me just went out the window. You guys will be around a lot longer than options. I can't throw away another five years in hopes of finally being compensated fairly.

A few TA comments from left field.

Economy, Economy....whoa is us...Right? We know the damn economy cycles, and guess what? The company was paying you slave wages all the while that the economy was booming. Screw the economy talk guys....When the economy was booming they weren't offering you more money, but instead pocketing what they SHOULD have been paying you. The money ain't right in the TA, period.

Rest - anyone see ANY MENTION AT ALL of a Circadian Rhythm rest clause in the TA??? Are they just going to drop that from the SOP as soon as the TA is ratified? That is one safety related work rule I would not be happy to see go. It should have been taken back to original hours in fact.

Per diem - you just got back what you always had before guys....seriously. They took that away from you and now it looks like a new perk coming back the way it is. How about raising the per diem somewhat to actually match what is allowed? It has been 40.80 for what? like 8 years? Come on, that is ridiculous!!!

Overall, the TA stinks in my book, but everyone gets one individual vote, so make your own choice. My guess is it will be voted down.

Latest resources

Back