• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice....congrats on wrapping that up....yeah I was there back in '05....had the easiest run in the company....on duty at 1800....off by 2200

I heard a rumor that Gary left for awhile then came back. Is that true?

Gary worked for Air Orlando Flight School from about 2002 to 2004. I worked there as a flight instructor at that time. He then went back to Flight Express. I also flew for FLX from 2005 to 2006.

Last edited:
Did you guys lose the TRI run that came out of the Atlanta area? The one that Lee was or is flying. I saw CASW is advertising for pilots for the same airport pairs.

*punt*

During the latest spate of lovely midwestern weather I happened to find myself on the ramp at STL. Just visible in the 1200RVR night was a lonely 210 with a bad paint job and the telltale "mag wheels" of an FLX bird. Taped in the windows was a sign touting the $1000 bonus and trying to recruit pilots. Please, someone go to work there so the pilots don't have to be ashamed of their mighty chickenhawks.

For a few years after September 11 when the regionals were not hiring, FLX was a pretty attractive job. Now, you can go to the regionals with half of the required flight time required for Part 135, IFR PIC flying.

I loved my time at FLX and it gave me invaluable experience, but I'm amazed that they've stayed in business with the pilot pool being what it is and the fact that the regionals hire anyone with 500 hours and a pulse.

*punt*

During the latest spate of lovely midwestern weather I happened to find myself on the ramp at STL. Just visible in the 1200RVR night was a lonely 210 with a bad paint job and the telltale "mag wheels" of an FLX bird. Taped in the windows was a sign touting the $1000 bonus and trying to recruit pilots. Please, someone go to work there so the pilots don't have to be ashamed of their mighty chickenhawks.

Boris-

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I was at Flight Express many moons ago and the time and experience I gained there was extremely valuable. I think Flight Express management, however, can have have all the pilots it needs. There certainly is no shortage of pilots, just a shortage of pilots willing to work for low wages. If Flight Express wants experienced professionals to fly its airplanes, they have to pay their desired professionals professional wages, and the low end $23K/yr. first year salary doesn't cut it anymore. Hopefully their management is reading this and will "get it."

Good luck to you guys!

P.S. Tell your webmaster that there is a spelling error on the Flight Express website. Under flight crew employment, in bold, they spelled "please" incorrectly- it says "pease."

Well, they still pay better than comparable jobs. Although as I Hate Freight points out, it's hard to compete with the right seat at 500 hours. Anyway, no longer work there, but it sucks to see those planes with the tacky ads in the windows. I, too, wish them luck.

Latest resources

Back