• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you didn't gather, it was yzf6's checkride. That guy is BAD LUCK. You finish training yet?

Matt H. very recently went over to the Dark Side. He's now an FAA Inspector. I need to get his contact info so I can ask for a "get out of jail free" card. I'm guessing bird-seeking missles need not apply, yzf.

Ernst is still there. CPS #1.

Well when I was there Ernst was the D.O and Matt was the CP soo if matt is now with the FEDS who's the CP now??

Nooooooooooo wait don't tell me is Gary???
Hell I am quiting my job and headd'n there now....he is the Man.

I have no idea. If I had to guess I'd say either Austin or they're still in the process of finding one. This happened pretty recently. I (sadly, sometimes) don't work there anymore. I'll ask my "contacts".

Austin is now the Chief Pilot and Manager of Training. He is getting some help training students from a local experienced CFI that Austin has worked with before. Eventually, an already selected line pilot based in Orlando will be trained to take over the Manager of Training position. Ernst is still the D.O. and Gary is still the recruiter.

jaxpilot;1429513[B said:
]Austin is now the Chief Pilot and Manager of Training. [/B]He is getting some help training students from a local experienced CFI that Austin has worked with before. Eventually, an already selected line pilot based in Orlando will be trained to take over the Manager of Training position. Ernst is still the D.O. and Gary is still the recruiter.

NOOO!!! WAY everybody run!!!!!!
Austin Powers the new CP god help us!
Does he still ride that rusty motorcylce that he parks in front of the main gate??
I use hate that thing park in a middle of everyone's ways....almost knocked that thing down once because I couldn't open the door.

GSXR600 said:
Austin Powers the new CP god help us!

Oh relax. Austin isn't a bad guy once you get to know him. He's just a little...different. He's a whole different guy if you're not in training/on a check ride, and who really wants to complain that he takes his job seriously? But yes, the motorcycle is still parked right in front of the gate.
Anyway, I never once spoke to Matt in his official capacity in two years there, so I'll bet nothing much changes. Now if they lose Gary...then you should run. Because Gary is the MAN, PLAYA!

IHateFreight said:
Does he still say "jiminy Christmas" all the time? Ernst is a good guy. He was a very fair guy to work for.

Is Janet still there?

Yes he still says "jimminy christmas" amongst other hilarious Cleaverisms. And yes he is a solid, good guy and totally fair, if a little gruff at times.

"Janet" doesn't ring any bells. Dispatcher?

Janet was there back in my day, but left within 6 months of when i started in 11/04. She basically did half of Gary's job in being Ernst's "assistant" and taking care of the bids, hotels (when you were lucky enough to ever get one), scheduling, and other miscellaneous tasks.

Sometimes I really miss FLX. Having basically an 8-5 job with weekends off and an easy run was truly a hidden gem in a time builder's early start in his/her career. Only if they had slightly bigger equipment and a six figure salary, I'm sure we all would have stayed.

Take Care,

Art V.

Yeah Austin is a good guy and a great teacher. Very laid back during my Baron training and checkride. Its nice to see an instructor take their job seriously.

Latest resources

Back