• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dunno. I know what kind DOESNT. The kind that is too good for us now that he's shuttling around in the flightlevels.

Let me tell you . . . I've learned a new way to freak people out - just turn off the flight director and refuse to note the VDP.

You'd think the wings fell off or something . . .

Is Don Laughlin still there? Or his last name may have been McLaughlin. I was at FE in '99.

I heard a rumor that Gary left for awhile then came back. Is that true?

Gary was the best.

S.

The name Laughlin doesn't ring a bell, and if he were still there, I guess he'd be #1 on the seniority list, so I think he's moved on.

And yes, Gary left for a while not too long before I came on, so maybe 2.5-3 years ago? I think he went to AirTran in some capacity.

Gary, is, was, and ever shall be The Man. He has a lot of beers drunk to him in CPS, I can tell you.

Is Don Laughlin still there? Or his last name may have been McLaughlin. I was at FE in '99.

I heard a rumor that Gary left for awhile then came back. Is that true?

Gary was the best.

S.

Don Laughlin is one of the Check Airman for Gulfstream and Designated examiners at Flight Safety over in Orlando. You are right Gary is the best, always trying to accomodate pilots as much as possible. Not sure, I left FE in early 06, but I think Gary may have left recently or got an assistant. A friend of mine just applied there and said the recruiter he talked too was not named Gary. And as others said, it was some of the best flying I did. As far as Austin Collins, my class dubbed him Data because he looks just like Data from Star Trek and talked in the same monotone the whole training. He was cool after training though. Laughing and making jokes with us, talking about motorcycles. But during training, it was all business in the classroom and cockpit. As far as class stats, 50% pass rate in mine. 6 started, 1 quit the 1st day of ground, 1 failed the drug test, 1 couldn't get it together in flight training and of the 3 of us that passed our checkride, 1 quit within 2 weeks because they didnt like the single pilot IFR in the 210.

The name Laughlin doesn't ring a bell, and if he were still there, I guess he'd be #1 on the seniority list, so I think he's moved on.

And yes, Gary left for a while not too long before I came on, so maybe 2.5-3 years ago? I think he went to AirTran in some capacity.

Gary, is, was, and ever shall be The Man. He has a lot of beers drunk to him in CPS, I can tell you.

What?????????? I though he just wanted to stay in the orlando area because of his kids. Wow that's cool he is the MAN.... wish him the best.

I should have been more clear. I think he went to operations at airtran? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else. At any rate, he did quit for a while, but he's back now. Although every time I talk to him, he threatens to quit. This can't be a good time to be the recruiter for FLX.

hey does anyone know who's the CP now??
When I was there on 05 I believe his name was Matt, but I could be wrong. This guy had a window bird strike on a 210 on final I believe going into ORL.

hey does anyone know who's the CP now??
When I was there on 05 I believe his name was Matt, but I could be wrong. This guy had a window bird strike on a 210 on final I believe going into ORL.
I think Matt's still there.
The birdstrike was on a checkride. The mighty 210 still flies nice with no windshield.
and checkride was a pass!

If you didn't gather, it was yzf6's checkride. That guy is BAD LUCK. You finish training yet?

Matt H. very recently went over to the Dark Side. He's now an FAA Inspector. I need to get his contact info so I can ask for a "get out of jail free" card. I'm guessing bird-seeking missles need not apply, yzf.

Ernst is still there. CPS #1.

Latest resources

Back