• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just learned that NJA got a no-compete clause with their deal on the Globals. I think that it's pretty likely that they also got one with their deal on the Challengers. Time will only tell...

let me guess, a "reliable source" told you that?

just learned that NJA got a no-compete clause with their deal on the Globals. I think that it's pretty likely that they also got one with their deal on the Challengers. Time will only tell...
We were told point blank by our soon to be ex-CEO that CiatationAir is leaving the fractional and jet card business because our largest competitor is our parent company's largest customer. We are all pawns, CA and Flex. Free market capitalist they say they are!. bs

It could be a death blow if they allow that clause; however, Flexjet's response would be the 85. I highly doubt there is a no compete clause though. Number one, has that ever happened? Number two, why would Bombardier accept a deal to where they would only ever sell that plane to one company? That would be stupid on their part; however, I have seen crazier things at this place.

That is true, but keep in mind, orders are very different from deliveries. I'd be surprised if Bombardier did this also.

You are wrong. That would mean we cease to exist as of today and we got word from the REAL CEO on our "status" as a company as it relates to Bombardier so, nice guess but you're wrong.

It could mean we honor the contracts and then shrink into the Citation Air model.

It could me they will continue to support us until someone buys us.

I don't trust a word any of them have to say. A letter saying that Bombardier will continue to support carries little weight in light of the recent order.

And who can blame them for doing it? It's not like FJ has the will, leadership or plan to grow out brand beyond some tiresome "amazing owner service" tripe.

Just who are we surveying for those positive answers I wonder btw? Probably our own owners and transfers from other programs. No possibility of confirmation bias there.

You are wrong. That would mean we cease to exist as of today and we got word from the REAL CEO on our "status" as a company as it relates to Bombardier so, nice guess but you're wrong.
Join the club. CA is the founding member.

Aren't you guys adding a bunch of Lear 70s, 75s and 85s in the next 2-3 years? I don't get why you think this big Netjets order will lead to your extinction?

Can someone enlighten me on that logic considering your current large CL300 fleet and all of the new inbound Lears?

It could be a death blow if they allow that clause; however, Flexjet's response would be the 85. I highly doubt there is a no compete clause though. Number one, has that ever happened? Number two, why would Bombardier accept a deal to where they would only ever sell that plane to one company? That would be stupid on their part; however, I have seen crazier things at this place.

The non compete means that they can't sell the a/c to another fractional.

You know...something really stinks here if all the fog contains mostly truth. NJ has made a lot of announcements regarding a/c they were buying...but they never took delivery of. :rolleyes:

You don't suppose they are pushing CA and Flex out of business by placing these orders, getting the manufacturers to close down their frax, and then not take the a/c do you? :eek:

Fractionals and a/c manufacturers are both desperate these days and my guess somebody is trying to pull a Rockerfeller here by pushing the competition out the door.

A much better move than buying the competition. In this case they go away and you at least have a brand new a/c.;)

Aren't you guys adding a bunch of Lear 70s, 75s and 85s in the next 2-3 years? I don't get why you think this big Netjets order will lead to your extinction?

Can someone enlighten me on that logic considering your current large CL300 fleet and all of the new inbound Lears?

Extinction seems unlikely. Becoming an endangered species is entirely possible. The short answer is that we're being marginalized. We now offer nothing that our main competitor can't duplicate, and probably do better with. The Lears make us pocket money. The 300 is our bread and butter.

We keep hearing about our service being the difference. I don't see it. We're playing Subway to NJ's Quizno's. Same basic product, but one has a much better finish, and no one really cares how much the person at the register smiles if the other place offers the better meal.

And speaking of those newfangled lear replacements, any NJ's guy can tell you that ordering planes and actually getting planes on property are two different things.

So, I'm a relatively young guy, years from retirement and I'm thinking to myself "d'oh"!

I wonder how many of our older guys are feeling foolish for not taking the early out plan now.

A key indicator for what's going on, whether we're for sale or being knowingly driven out of the marketplace will be whether or not they offer it again here in a few weeks. Bet we get a lot of takers then... Maybe I'll even be one of them...

Latest resources

Back