• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel sorry for those who just upgraded. You won't hear much of them on flight info. They will be to busy to indulge in this garbage.

True statement: A netjet pilot will work around 20 days less per year than a flex pilot with the 7 & 7 schuedule. (different for reserve). Plus the vacation deal sucks at flex.

I have been told that number is 33 days but I have no idea how it was calculated.

I would give Flex mgmt some time to respond to the previousely posted issues and let them propose a Gateway, compensation and health care package that is competitive with NetJets. I am sure they realize that if they don't they will suffer the consequences of increased attrition and inability to hire qualified pilots.

One other issue no one has touched on is the current real estate situation. If newhires have to move to a new Gateway they are going to be faced with difficulties in selling their current residence as well as getting financing for a new residence.

Something to consider.

Nothing. How long have you worked at Flex?
Just a little sarcasm thats all.

I have been told that number is 33 days but I have no idea how it was calculated.

Its 26 days.

I would give Flex mgmt some time to respond to the previousely posted issues and let them propose a Gateway, compensation and health care package that is competitive with NetJets. I am sure they realize that if they don't they will suffer the consequences of increased attrition and inability to hire qualified pilots.

ROTFLMAO I think Hammer is talking about the above paragraph. That is some funny chit.

So your telling me that mgmt at Flex is not to be trusted ?????

They can be trusted its the truth that will hurt. They will tell you, here is what you will get so be happy with it.

They are not honest about the Bombardier financials. FlexJet makes a ton of money for Bombardier and they dont want the pilots to see that. I dont know if BBD management tells them how it will be or if Flex management is to chicken chit to get what you guys deserve. Either way it is the crews that will and do pay the price.

Uh NO. They will tell us this: "this is the way it's always been and we will continue to get people that want the job. We don't care what Netjets is doing."

Don't get me wrong, Flex is a good place to work and I like it here; however, we have been told things are going to happen and they never do.
Remember the DEN gateway? They wanted to know which of us is ready to move by a certain date?? Getting our hopes up with all the questions and emails and then, whiishhh, not a word of it since.

Last edited:
Yeah that is true. Flex management does a lot of talk in my opinion. The gateway issue has been ongoing forever... they keep doing surveys, projects, data collection, presentations, then it suddenly just goes silent. I remember they talked for a while about improving the 401k, and asked everybody to do a phone survey...then...silence....

Flex keeps telling us stuff like "things can not change overnight" yet I look over at NJs and they have had a gateway issue for maybe a year, and holy crap they are proposing 100???!?!? we can't seem to add one damn city! Why is it so easy for things to change over at NJ? oh wait, I know why.

It it hard to sit back and watch another company have significant improvements to their QOL and pay while we crawl along. Granted, after the contract we did get a raise and another day off, so perhaps something will happen again.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back