Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, And............

Yes..and....????

YOu sound like you are bitter towards Flexjet...

Get a life.

Muahahahahaha

Re: Yea, And............

Turbinehead said:
Yes..and....????

YOu sound like you are bitter towards Flexjet...

Get a life.

Muahahahahaha

Oh brother, talk about a vivid imagination....

I think YOU are the one whom needs to obtain a meaningful life....

Turbinehead,

A little harsh, don't you think? I think the original question posed was a legit question... I've seen countless Flexjet aircraft broken down all over the country. And I have 3-4 friends who fly Lear 60s and Lear 45s for Flexjet who complain about maintenance and training issues. So, a question like the one posed is completely appropriate - he saw a broken aircraft and was inquiring about it... You need to lighten up!

WOW

Wow - I mentioned something I saw, facts only (and yes, I would have mentioned it if it was any bizjet) and I am bitter?

Clearly there is nothing that I can say without something being read into it.

flexjet mx

Lumber yak:

What do you mean you've seen broken-down Flexjet airplanes all over the country? Do you mean to say that we have broken, burned-out airframes just rotting at airports all over the U.S., towed onto disused ramps, missing engines, control surfaces, and wheels, just waiting to be scavenged for scrap aluminum?

Or have you just seen some flexjet airplanes in maintenance?

So what if you've seen our airplanes in mx? How did you know they were broken down? Did you look at the mx log books? Check the MEL? Talk to the mechanics working on them? Talk to the pilots?

I doubt it. My point is, it sounds like you really don't have the foggiest idea what you're talking about.

If you have, in fact, ever seen a Flexjet airplane in mx somewhere, how do you know it wasn't scheduled mx? How do you know it wasn't a weekly service check? Flexjet uses mx providers in serveral locations around the country.

So, do Flexjet airplanes ever "break"? As a matter of fact, Flexjet airplanes do break, as all airplanes do. Big deal. We have excellent maintenance AND training (as the FAA, NASA, and several aviation auditing firms will attest).

And for your "friends" who complain about mx and training issues... well, whatever. No response to such vague statements is necessary. What was wrong, the instructor have bad breath? Is training too long? Did he fail a checkride?

Flexlrpilot357,

A bit stressed? Could that be because your company has gone down hill and is no longer seen as a "major" frax competitor? No movement in your seniority - some FOs pushing the 18 month mark... Morale in the tubes. Concern about the viability of the Global Express program with not many shares sold. Do these points sound familiar? I have my sources - I personally don't know one Flexjet pilot who DOES NOT want to leave and jump to either Netjets or the airlines whenever they are viable again. So don't blast me because you don't know me - or who I know at your outfit.

As for broken airplanes, I actually witnessed one of your shiney Lear 60s blow a tire on takeoff role at Scottsdale a while back. I give the excellent pilot credit for getting the airplane under control. Perhaps you are right that the statment "all over the country" is a bit extreme. I take that back.

In any case, I was addressing Turbinehead - not a good representative for your company...

Yak

No, I'm not worried at all, thank you. As far as I know, we're the only fractional that is actually profitable. We have been for the entire year. In the business world, that's a very good thing. Ask any major airline if they wish they were profitable.

Your comments show how truly ignorant you are about Flex, and I'm not going to bother correcting you with the truth. I'm only blasting you because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Are you saying that a tire blowing is evidence of shoddy maintenance? Interesting theory. Should the tire have been changed before the flight? Ever seen a Flexjet a/c on bad tires? Is a bug on the windshield evidence of poor maintenance too? How bout if I spill a coke? Please tell me about the other broken-down Flexjet airplanes you've seen. I'd really like to know.

Are you even sure that a tire actually blew? Was this even an airplane you were looking at? Maybe it was a delivery van, or your grandma's Plymouth. Tell you what, give me a date, and I'll tell you what happened. I'm sure a report was filed.

And suddenly our pilots have gone from lacking in or having problematic training to being "excellent". Well, training makes the pilot, right? I'll pass the compliment on to our training center in Dallas. I'm sure one of the practice aborts performed every 6 months contributed to the handling of this situation. Our instructors are the finest in the industry.

Do you expect me to take the "other" flexjet pilots you "know" as evidence of the quality of my company? Based on what you've written so far, it's likely you're referring to conversations you've had with your stuffed animal collection.

Keep digging your hole.

Last edited:
Lumber yak, since flexlrpilot357 is such a stickler for accuaracy, allow me to correct your "18 month FO's", statement. In fact, my buddy I was hired with is actually coming up on 36 months. If they are the only profitable fractional, yet still no growth or upgrades, I'll gladly stick with my poor, on the verge of collapse, Berkshire Hathaway company. I kinda like growth and upgrades.

P.S. Did you hear we ordered another 160 airplanes last week. Oh dear, how ever will we pay for them.

Latest resources

Back