• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

flexjet problem at IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry, Mr. UK. You'll get yours. Mr. Buffet didn't become a gazillionaire by investing in companies that operate in the red.

Don't believe you're in the red? Read Berkshire's annual report. You're a big money loser. Buying airplanes isn't the same as selling them.

By the way, some homework for you: Compare and contrast NJ's and Flex's Capt. pay and FO pay. You guys have some cheap captains, don't you?

I've been reading this board for awhile and continue to be amazed at the back stabbing among frac pilots. Yes, I do fly for NJA. I have met and spoken with pilots in all the fracs. We are the same people doing the same job! Some like Flex for their benies, some like Flops for their home basing, some like Cit Shares for their pay, some like NJA for their stability and future. We all like our jobs! All planes break! Some, hopefully few, pilots make mistakes! Flex had two 60s run off the runway when the pilots knew they had hydraulic problems before landing on short runways. Options ran two off last year. And yes, Mighty NJA did run off the end of a runway in TX and the plane was totaled, thankfully no injuries.
The economic health of a frac company is never great. The huge profit is from sales, not operations. We at NJA did turn a profit last year and it was offset by a writeoff of NJ Europe. Flex did not make money last year! This year they are reporting a profit while shrinking their fleet and adjusting ops. Just the facts. Flops is a good company and they are handling their merger pretty well considering the complexity of the issues.
I just hope that all frac pilots keep their jobs and we all continue to grow and prosper! Whether your plane is blue, green, black and red, new, or used; there is enough to go around!

Flexjet

1) Slim177 you are right we are all just pilots and lucky to have good jobs at that.

2) The Flexjet fleet is growing not real fast but it is growing.

3) I have been with Flexjet for over 6 years and have always kind of taken everything with a grain of salt.

4) As far as adjusting OPS, we have we adjusted them from losing money to making money and that is something everyone at Flexjet should be proud of. Doing well in this economy is truly a demonstration of talent. To be honest with you all of the Fractional Providers should be proud of how they are doing.

Maybe pilots are competitive by nature, maybe some don't like to see others happy but in the end we are all fortunate to be doing what we love.

Sincerely

flexlrpilot357 said:

By the way, some homework for you: Compare and contrast NJ's and Flex's Capt. pay and FO pay. You guys have some cheap captains, don't you?

Hey Flexy,

Let's wait and compare it when our new contract is done. OK?

Later,
gump;)

Well, I did the "homework", and I left Flexjet. The math wasn't hard to figure out. I was making $36,000 at Flex as a second year FO. Over here I made $42,000 my first 12 months (No, that is still not good). For the learning impaired, that's a $6,000 a year raise off the bat. I don't like to flaunt a contract that we don't have yet, but the fact is, this will be settled before I would have upgraded at Flex. Whatever the number that is finally settled on is, 50%/65%/100%, etc., it will be much better than if I stayed at Flex. And that isn't even factoring in the intangibles such as working environment, morale, and so on.

Slim is right, we shouldn't be quarreling amongst ourselves, but as a veteran (survivor?) of Flexjet, it bothers me seeing the place portrayed as something it is not.

As for the MX, you are right flexlrpilot357, it could have been anything, inspection, repo to different FBO, who knows. I will say that before I left, I did notice a slacking off in attention to MX. One of my last tours was flown with a plane with 13 open write ups.

Last edited:
Holy WOW

Holy WOW guys - I just passed on some info - now it is into: "my daddy can beat up your daddy".

I am sorry I mentioned it. In fact, from now on, I will keep my mouth shut.

Just a quick question for those in the know. Do the NJA pilots really believe they are going to get a 50-100% raise?

Being a loyal BRKA shareholder for many years, doesn't that go against Mr. Buffetts track record?

Just wondering.

Flexlrpilot357,

I am surprised you are able to pass your medical with that blow-up. Watch out - you may bust an "o-ring"...

Not to belabor the point much more, but I know what I saw regarding the blown tire - I saw the line people picking up the tire shards off the runway. Were you there? I didn't think so. Did you hear what the Lear 60 Captain had to say about maintenance issues at Flexjet (quite negative)? I didn't think so. Are you claiming that FO's are moving up to Captain positions in less than 18-24 months? I didn't think so. Did you say that Flexjet management has not been a revolving door? I didn't think so. Do you see huge groups of pilots rushing from NJA or Flight Options to Flexjet? Nope. Did you say Flexjet morale is positive like Netjets morale at this moment? Nope.

You may not believe it, but I know A LOT more about Flexjet than you think. I also know people in the organization (pilots and otherwise).

You don't know me and I don't know you. With your explosive attitude, I am glad. Suffice it to say, that according to actual Flexjet Lear 60 captains I know, Flexjet was a better place to work a few years ago. Let's hope it returns - perhaps anger management classes for certain pilots would help...

I have been on this forum for a while now, and have enjoyed it immensely.

That said, as a NJA Ultra PIC I am embarassed by some of these wacko "pro-nja" posts. Please don't judge all NJA pilots by some of these loudmouth juviniles.

We're all in the same boat, lets paddle in the same direction.

Flame away,

Toploader

Latest resources

Back