• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet, pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just the messenger here but in the latest weekly voicemail from our (Flexjet) DO, he emphatically states, after spending a week in Cleveland, that there will be two separate companies still.

I couldn't agree more.

From the rumor I am hearing we are all going to look like one big group in the new year.
I know what my fellow FO pilots are going to say about the uniform but we all know that we have to go along first then file the grievance.

One of my fellow FJ buddies shared a picture of your new shoes that are coming. A FO pilot gave him the picture.

Guess you better get the grievance ready because they were brown.

Bet the rest looks alot like a picture you guys have already seen and made plenty fun of.

I asked before but nobody responded as to what is happining in Dallas with the office staff?
We know about the large amount of new hires in CGF over the last few weeks and more to come from what I hear.

Makes you wonder why if Flight options is not going to grow and all the growth is going to be on the Flex side. I would have guessed that they would have been hiring in Dallas for the fleet expansion.

Any info?

Over your Head

Wow, so I can be fired or disciplined for listening to what other people have to say? I am sure any lawyer would have a field day with that case.

First, you can get fired or disciplined for anything they so choose. Hell, the don't even have to tell you why. You're an "at will" employee.

On the other point...never mind. You didn't get it and I don't feel like explaining.

In time, you'll figure it out.

First, you can get fired or disciplined for anything they so choose. Hell, the don't even have to tell you why. You're an "at will" employee.

On the other point...never mind. You didn't get it and I don't feel like explaining.

In time, you'll figure it out.

You are right, you can be fired for anything.

You don't have to have a CBA to sue for wrongful termination.

So, tell me how many pilots at FO gave been fired since you came under the protection of the IBT. I bet the answer isn't zero.

The Difference

You are right, you can be fired for anything.

You don't have to have a CBA to sue for wrongful termination.

So, tell me how many pilots at FO gave been fired since you came under the protection of the IBT. I bet the answer isn't zero.

The statement on being "fired for anything" is misleading. An "at will" employee can be "fired for anything" unless it is discriminatory, i.e. the Civil Rights Act of 1964. An employee that is protected by a CBA cannot be "fired for anything." And if an employee protected by a CBA is fired without "just cause," there is recourse for that persons return and to be "made whole." That protection does not exist for "at will" employees.

As to how many pilots have been fired at the Flight Options group? Well, NONE, unless there was "just cause," not including those on appeal. And don't think that those terminated for "just cause" were just for "getting in trouble." The inability to pass a aircraft check or in an "at fault" accident can get you terminated with "just cause." Another thing is that union representative have negotiated resignations with some benefits rather than termination. That makes a big difference when applying for another job.

Understand this - In the nearly five years that Flight Options pilots have had a CBA, far less disciplinary actions and terminations have occurred than if those pilots did not have a CBA. "Just cause" is the measure. And without it, management can do what they want "at will." Dispute as many other pros and cons of representation that you want...but, you will not, and cannot provide negative consequences of having a "just cause" provision. Of course, unless you are in management.

And back off with the "you" thing... It's useless.

Architect; don't forget about the days when the rules changed as you went along. Follow the SOP's and one day you find out they were changed but the revision didn't even get sent out yet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back