Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the record, Clyde, I wasn't speaking for FW but I think she'll share my thoughts and hopes. She seems to have concerns about the lack of info the Flex pilots are getting and I hope that situation will be discussed.

Seriously, you even have to respond to your own posts?
How about a refresher for you. You can use the "Edit post" interface to add any information you might have left off of a previous post.
Now you've even woken the lurkers.

Here's a topic I'd like to explore: CABs, PACs, etc...those pilots who represent and inform the rest of the pilot group. How are they chosen? How long do they serve? How effective are they at presenting the pilot viewpoint? How often do they report and in what format? And how does the pilotgroup, as a whole, know that they are representing the interests of the majority? What can you do if they don't?

I really don't understand why you care so much and have to comment about others workplaces. That would be like me posting all over the Southwest message board probing for insignificant details and commenting on their work conditions. I don't see that type of behavior happening in any other forum from anyone else. You are not a crewmember and you don't even work at Flexjet. While I might not agree with FW, she has every right to participate in discussions that directly affect her. These might be some reasons why you catch so much grief. Oh ya, and it is the same thing over and over from you. You really are no different than B19, except your endless chatter comes from the other side of the fence. I am sure you see it differently because you think you are right. 2,600 messages! Really?! This is what you do all day?

Last edited:
..How about a refresher for you. You can use the "Edit post" interface to add any information you might have left off of a previous post.....

Thanks, but the refresher isn't needed. I was having internet problems and inadvertently posted the previous post twice. So I chose to delete the 2nd and add an afterthought instead.

Thanks, Clyde! Your apology took guts and I respect you for it. It bodes well for a calm, informed discussion of the issues we face as a community of pilots and family members. It's possible to respectfully talk about the differences between the frac groups because we share lots of common ground. We all want what is best for pilot careers and family (existing or future) well-being. Keeping that in mind, we can share ideas and info that supports those two important goals. Regards, NJW

I find your statement about "we all want what is best for pilot careers and family well-being" as somewhat hypocritical. You seem to want what is best as long as it serves your agenda. I have not read a single derogatory word from you on the unwanted takeover of NJI by NJA. If you truly wanted what is best for all, you would speak up on this injustice. It may have been what is best for NJA but the majority on this side still think it was not what is best for NJI. Just saying!

I find your statement about "we all want what is best for pilot careers and family well-being" as somewhat hypocritical. You seem to want what is best as long as it serves your agenda. I have not read a single derogatory word from you on the unwanted takeover of NJI by NJA. If you truly wanted what is best for all, you would speak up on this injustice. It may have been what is best for NJA but the majority on this side still think it was not what is best for NJI. Just saying!

Injustice?
You and Billy V. seem to forget the sign of any good seniority integration is when the greatest amount of people feel equally screwed.
You are very misinformed about this "injustice" you speak of.
No one took your career from you.
Bee Dubya has done a great job dispelling rumors and myths like this crap you just posted.
PM him, he'll set you straight.
You and I are lucky to have him working for both of us.

Injustice?
You and Billy V. seem to forget the sign of any good seniority integration is when the greatest amount of people feel equally screwed.
You are very misinformed about this "injustice" you speak of.
No one took your career from you.
Bee Dubya has done a great job dispelling rumors and myths like this crap you just posted.
PM him, he'll set you straight.
You and I are lucky to have him working for both of us.

He gave a valiant try to "set me straight" but obviously failed. One more question: why is it always the ones at NJI that don't get it or don't understand? As another poster often says--only bad companies need unions---NJI was not a bad company--the answer as I see it is that the union felt threatened by the independence of NJI and was fearful that management would use NJI to siphon off work from NJA and thus the takeover. Since NJI pilots were still making more money than NJA pilots (on the average) why would this have happened? We were perfectly happy (majority of us)--we didn't need or want you. But you tell us it is for our own good and that it will be a good thing for us--sounds a lot like what is currently happening in the political arena. Big government or big union have to look out for those of us that for some reason can't look out for ourselves. It isn't a coincidence that those two entities are in the same boat (big gov't and big union). As I read the different threads they often turn to a political slant and the majority seem to be strong conservatives but then the same posters come out as very pro-union, it seems like such a contradiction considering what unions have stood for through the years and considering the political party they almost always side with---as njw mentioned about caring for pilots and their families---this integration will cost money and quality of life to NJI pilots by limiting the their upgrade speed and potential---if you truly cared why didn't you just leave us alone? That was all we asked--nothing more and nothing less. Why didn't you just leave us alone?

He gave a valiant try to "set me straight" but obviously failed. One more question: why is it always the ones at NJI that don't get it or don't understand? As another poster often says--only bad companies need unions---NJI was not a bad company--the answer as I see it is that the union felt threatened by the independence of NJI and was fearful that management would use NJI to siphon off work from NJA and thus the takeover. Since NJI pilots were still making more money than NJA pilots (on the average) why would this have happened? We were perfectly happy (majority of us)--we didn't need or want you. But you tell us it is for our own good and that it will be a good thing for us--sounds a lot like what is currently happening in the political arena. Big government or big union have to look out for those of us that for some reason can't look out for ourselves. It isn't a coincidence that those two entities are in the same boat (big gov't and big union). As I read the different threads they often turn to a political slant and the majority seem to be strong conservatives but then the same posters come out as very pro-union, it seems like such a contradiction considering what unions have stood for through the years and considering the political party they almost always side with---as njw mentioned about caring for pilots and their families---this integration will cost money and quality of life to NJI pilots by limiting the their upgrade speed and potential---if you truly cared why didn't you just leave us alone? That was all we asked--nothing more and nothing less. Why didn't you just leave us alone?

You again, are very misinformed.
I agree with you, that a very important part of the NJI/NJA integration initiative was scope protection.
On the other hand, you need to review your history.
There are former NJA union leaders that have reported RTS "promised" they would eventually be flying Gulfstreams over 14 years ago!
Unfortunately, both of us have been "promised" things that didn't eventually come true.
RTS agreed to the integration language, maybe you should let him know how you feel an injustice has been done to you.
Did you folks let RTS know you feel he wronged you?
What did he say?
Refer to Billy V's, posts that he didn't really know what was going on (regarding integration) at the union side of the company when he was hired.
If you didn't know there was a hot issue that needed to be resolved with a new CBA, maybe you should have waited before coming to NJI, now Netjets North America.
BTW, there are many pilots on the NJA side of the company that aren't happy with this integration too.
There is a bigger picture here, that thankfully BW and his integration coworkers comprehend, that you refuse to see because of your own greed.
Brian W. is a very fair, passionate integration subject matter expert on this, ask him to draw you a picture this time.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought that this was a Flexjet thread.

True, but Harley seems to never miss the opportunity to throw a dart at a very dedicated, pilot centered, hard working group of people.
As the "outer limits" TV show said at the close of its story, "We now return control of your TV to you."

Latest resources

Back