Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bailey,

Do I hear a hint of you leaning toward the union now?

The CAB has been working on the same issues long before either you or I got hired here with no results. I don't see Montreal letting DG or MM or anyone else for that matter do much on the compensation side. I don't know which way this union thing is going to go, but I do know to strap on the boots, because I think it is about to get very interesting over the next several months.

Well I am still on the fence but if Management will not step up and answer the group correctly then yes we need to disband the CAB and bring something that forces management to listen. The other point is why are we the ONLY division of Bombardier who is NOT unionized?
Yes we need to strap our BS boots on because we are about to hear alot of it over the coming months.

The other point is why are we the ONLY division of Bombardier who is NOT unionized?

Thats actually a really good thing to point out. I've heard a lot of people say "if we unionize bombardier will just get rid of us." But like you said, they deal with unions throughout the rest of their company so there is no reason to believe they'd simply dump us

Thats actually a really good thing to point out. I've heard a lot of people say "if we unionize bombardier will just get rid of us." But like you said, they deal with unions throughout the rest of their company so there is no reason to believe they'd simply dump us

Simple scare tactic kinda like politicians use everyday and alot of people have bought it. It is simple, we make Bombardier lots of money and help keep their order books full so why would they dump us?
The movement has started again but alot quieter then before but in May if DG gives us crumbs ( like I believe he will) there will be no stopping the drive as it will finally have a reason.

With the meetings happening after the holidays, most likely Feb 1 time frame, that will be the deciding point. IMO

Simple scare tactic kinda like politicians use everyday and alot of people have bought it. It is simple, we make Bombardier lots of money and help keep their order books full so why would they dump us?
The movement has started again but alot quieter then before but in May if DG gives us crumbs ( like I believe he will) there will be no stopping the drive as it will finally have a reason.

The voice message from DG and other "happy talk" text messages we are getting during the holiday travel seem to point to the fact that a re-evaluation of the entire compensation package is happening. If they really want to show good faith, they could make improvements long before the phoney May budget takes effect. A truely low cost, but significant change would be loosening up the gateway restrictions, and getting rid of the highly questionable floating rest policy. This should be followed up with the industry leading payroll increases when that magical month of May rolls around.

The messages are to make you all warm and fuzzy inside like after a bunch of beers at the pickle bar. DG said after the holidays they are going to START meetings about compensation but why wait until May to get it? Because if DG gave us a pay raise starting Feb 1 then he and all the top level managers lose out on their bonus checks.
I am bothered that management keeps talking about pay, yes I would like more, but what about a better bidding system or different scheduling options? What about better 401K contributions? What about better Health Care, hell if I am paying for it why cant I get the best or why cant they pay for it? Bases( need I say more)?
In my view to stop a union DG will have to increase pay but no less then 15%, Fix Rest, Better work rules, More Bases, More 401k contribution, Better scheduling options and Better if not company sponsored Health care. ( Cha right none of that is going to happen with a former Allegany Manager).

Laughable.

So Bombardier would abandon the Fractional market?

NJ won't sell Lears or Challengers. CS won't.

Will they depend on XO jet?

When you think about it Flex Pilots are the most secure of all OEM Frax pilots. Cessna could dump CS ... NJ is selling a lot of Citations. Raytheon dumped Options ... NJ is selling a lot of Hawkers.

But who will sell Lears and Challengers on the Frax market?

Last edited:
Laughable.

So Bombardier would abandon the Fractional market?

NJ won't sell Lears or Challengers. CS won't.

Will they depend on XO jet?

When you think about it Flex Pilots are the most secure of all OEM Frax pilots. Cessna could dump CS ... NJ is selling a lot of Citations. Raytheon dumped Options ... NJ is selling a lot of Hawkers.

But who will sell Lears and Challengers on the Frax market?

So with your reasoning, bombardier needs flex to sell aircraft? Then why don't they sell the global, which is sold out until 2012 at 30-40 a year? With a 3 year Challenger backlog, the backlog would be reduced to 2.7 years. With a 2 year Lear backlog, the backlog would be reduced to 1.5 years without flexjet.
XOjet seems to have have the bulk of the cx and c300 backlog going forward. The Sovereign production is out 2.5 years WITHOUT nja and cs, 3.5 years with.
The ONLY aircraft in the world which needed a frax to keep the assembly line moving was the hawker 400.
Every frax could go away tomorrow and the manufacturing backlog wouldn't move. Charter companies would suck up every new aircraft by the end of the week-FACT. Three charter companies I know would all pay a PREMIUM for any immediate delivery hawker 800, lr60, 45, and Sovereign they could get their hands on.
Now standards between frax and charter companies? That's another story altogether.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back