• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you would complain if you were making 500,000/year.....just leave flex if you do not like it so much and unions are so good

obviously this board is 99% union people

all they want is 3% of your pay....this is not the early 1900s and workers are capable of negotiating compensation themselves and besides I never understand why pilots bitch and bitch but never have enough guts to go work at another airline or do something else if it is so bad in fact I wish they would quit that way demand for pilots would increase and by pure economics compensation would increase

it gets so f..king old flying with people that bitch all the time about the company (that is all I ever heard when working for a 121 airline with a union)

there are only a handful of people here that really complain which is nice and apparently they all post on flightinfo

sigh...:smash:

Why does everyone think we will get a raise May 2008? My bet is if there is a raise it will be very insignificant. In fact the money will probably come from a cut somewhere else that we now consider income. Not to mention we will still be working more days, floating rest, 16 hour last days, no holiday pay, expensive insurance. A comment was made that the ole timers do not want representation. That is a myth. The problem is the new hires that have a rosey outlook and hopes of good faith. The time to negotiate a contract is now while we are having good times, not when the company is hurting. Send in the cards.

Why does everyone think we will get a raise May 2008? My bet is if there is a raise it will be very insignificant. In fact the money will probably come from a cut somewhere else that we now consider income. Not to mention we will still be working more days, floating rest, 16 hour last days, no holiday pay, expensive insurance. A comment was made that the ole timers do not want representation. That is a myth. The problem is the new hires that have a rosey outlook and hopes of good faith. The time to negotiate a contract is now while we are having good times, not when the company is hurting. Send in the cards.

Well Said!

... Not to mention we will still be working more days, floating rest, 16 hour last days, no holiday pay, expensive insurance. ....
Speaking of rest...

Interesting article:

Item 33​

On at least six separate occasions, the Director of Operations stated how FOS calculates rest requirements. The manner of calculation that he described is contrary to the regulations.​

Last edited:

Starting to sound like part of that will becoming from the loss of the Intl override since very "Select" few receive it.

Bailey

For those on the fence hoping for better. Just wait until you see what happens with a changing of the guard in the next few weeks. Don't wait for things to get ugly. Send in the cards.

Everybody is talking about the union these days. People are a bit nervous to bring it up, but once they do and learn the person next to them is also pro-union they open up. I was with three crews the other day at a restaurant and it was the topic of the night. only 2 of the 6 had sent in cards tho. Most people, in my opinion, are for the union but dont bother sending in the cards because they think "it'll never happen."

If we voted today, I'm sure it would pass. we just dont have the cards in because people are scared and lazy.

now is for sure the time. Remember, the card is not a vote FOR the union, just authorization to hold a union drive. you can still vote no. at the very least, it will put pressure on management to make the changes we are asking for.

a good management/worker relationship is better than a union anyday

That sir is not accurate. certainly both sides benefit from a good working relationship. In those times (such as currently at netjets) the union works side by side with the company and advances working conditions for all employees. It's when times get tough or there is a shift in management philosophy that the union is most critical. When that happens, pilots either stand with a group or stand by themselves. I much prefer several thousand pilots who got my 'back'.

The simple fact is that at a non-union airline, wages and benefits only improve due to the good will of management. That to me is uncertain. I don't grovel and I don't beg. I don't hope for wage increases. My brothers/sisters and I determine our goals and then work together to achieve them. Our fate is not in the hands of the CEO, it's in our own.

If you're content to say 'please sir, I want some more' and then sit back and hope - you're correct. the union is not for you. If you're the type of individual that likes to be treated as an equal, with respect, then you have to stand up and let the company know that you're not just an employee, you're a full-fledged partner.

If you're content to say 'please sir, I want some more' and then sit back and hope - you're correct. the union is not for you.

Sounds like a person that has no backbone. Has an idea that "management will take care of everything"

Personal attacks are unprofessional. We all want what is best for our families and ourselves. Some think it's best that we have a union for job protection and better work rules. Some think we should do it through the CAB or let it come from the graces of management. It is good to see both sides of the arguments as long as it is tactfully done.
Should we thank the NJ union for our last raise? If you think anything other than a resounding yes, then you are completely in the dark.
Does our management care about us? Some definitely do while some just see us as a number or another pilot.
The case for a union when looking at Netjets is very strong, that is undeniable. Everyone is looking (the views on this thread on the BB is amazingly high) and waiting to see what Flex management's response will be. Hopefully their response will not be delayed due to any shake-ups that may or may not be occurring.

Latest resources

Back