• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet lays off 25 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
guys had not taken the early outs, we would have furloughed from all 4 types.

There were actually guys that took early retirement?? I really hope the 8 or 12 65+ and the few 72+ year olds would step up and do the right thing here. I mean if you're over 70 and still continue to work after this layoff--THAT IS JUST WRONG. Not to mention, at 72, you shouldn't be here anyway.

How old are you Art?

Because if you aren't 72 years old your opinion doesn't mean squat.

You don't know what situation those guys are in. You don't know what situation you will be in when you get there.

I love how the young guys preach all this do the right thing crap.

What you really mean is do the right thing for Art, right?

Of course your tune will change when you become and old guy.

Great avitar! It suits you.

They will... And your right they won because they will have furloughed more than any other fractional. It will be a lot more than 30 So by sheer numbers they won by number of layoffs. Believe me they are next.

If it happens, it happens.. Who gives a crap. Netjets has made it clear that they intended to wait out the competition. They did.. Yes, if netjets furloughs, it will be in the 100's.. Why? We have 3000 pilots.. all of the other fracs combined are way less then that. Common sense folks. Instead of shoving each others faces in "my company vs your company", lets hope for the best.

Oh, Mesa sucks ;)

If Flex does what they did back in 2002, the pilots let go were given first recall rights if the company wanted them back, i.e. not problem children and gave them I believe 3 or 4 months severance. Lets all hope this turns around quickly.

On a second note, is there any truth to the statement from a fellow NJA pilot that you guys have a "no fulough" clause and that you will be paying guys to sit at home instead of furlough?

Not trying to start anything, just trying to clarify whether this particular pilot was F.O.S. Thanks.

There is furlough pay (and paid medical) for a limited time in our contract. Nothing about a no-furlough clause that I could find.

Early retirements? I dont think flex did any of that. But we should have. The question was asked to FR at a meeting and he said no, bombardier does not offer those

And the 300 fleet is shrinking too, remember we are selling some of the older planes.

Because if you aren't 72 years old your opinion doesn't mean squat.

You don't know what situation those guys are in. You don't know what situation you will be in when you get there.

Great avitar! It suits you.

I could care less what situation THEY are in. They've HAD a LIFETIME. Most of them 35+ years at the airlines or elsewhere. Why should I suffer because they are ignorant with their finances or they just "LOVE FLYING"? They are grandparents for christ sake. I DO know what situation I'll be in at that age which is exactly why we wouldn't be having this conversation if it were me that was 70 because I have ethical values and morals. I know some of these guys and none of them are here because they HAVE to be. The ETHICAL thing to do here is to let someone who is starting their career have the opportunity they did. They have had their chance, step aside and save someone's family that HAS a future, from turmoil. It IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back