• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet lays off 25 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could care less what situation THEY are in. They've HAD a LIFETIME. Most of them 35+ years at the airlines or elsewhere. Why should I suffer because they are ignorant with their finances or they just "LOVE FLYING"? They are grandparents for christ sake. I DO know what situation I'll be in at that age which is exactly why we wouldn't be having this conversation if it were me that was 70 because I have ethical values and morals. I know some of these guys and none of them are here because they HAVE to be. The ETHICAL thing to do here is to let someone who is starting their career have the opportunity they did. They have had their chance, step aside and save someone's family that HAS a future, from turmoil. It IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Let's make a mandatory retirement age for Frac pilots, if they dont leave, they will be forced to.
Problem solved!!!!!

It is very unfortunate for those furloughed. Flexjet is not making business decisions based on "waiting" the competition out. We are making difficult business decisions based on our companies projected need. Our long term success is not at risk. This is a temporary solution to a temporary situation. Things will turn around for all industries and we will be able to come out of these times even stronger.

I could care less what situation THEY are in. They've HAD a LIFETIME. Most of them 35+ years at the airlines or elsewhere. Why should I suffer because they are ignorant with their finances or they just "LOVE FLYING"? They are grandparents for christ sake. I DO know what situation I'll be in at that age which is exactly why we wouldn't be having this conversation if it were me that was 70 because I have ethical values and morals. I know some of these guys and none of them are here because they HAVE to be. The ETHICAL thing to do here is to let someone who is starting their career have the opportunity they did. They have had their chance, step aside and save someone's family that HAS a future, from turmoil. It IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

This has got to be one of the most ignorant, self-centered posts I've ever read on FI. And that's saying somthing.

I am with ART..These old guys need to go retire already..Most cant even do the job anymore(or maybe never could) If they love flying so much..take all the money they saved over the last 40 years and buy a plane. Its ridiclous how many guys dont know when to quit already..Theres some of us out here that need the money. This isnt politicaly correct but I know from talking to many fellow pilots its the feelings of many..There just to scared to bring it out in the OPEN..Good for you ART to speak out

<<<< I could care less what situation THEY are in. They've HAD a LIFETIME. Most of them 35+ years at the airlines or elsewhere. >>>>

<<<< This has got to be one of the most ignorant, self-centered posts I've ever read on FI. >>>>

Yup - despite lots of years of flying, when you have a marital upset, lose your house to the ex-dragon & pay through the nose for too many years of alimony, there are some who do HAVE to work to finance their second marriage! Now, if it's to pay for that little "on the side" honey that the wife doesn't know about, that's different! You have a choice there......

I understand everyone's frustration. I was one of the guys that got cut. I closed on a new house Oct 1st, so this will be tough for me.

That being said, I knew aviation is and always will be susceptible to market changes and layoffs.

We all knew that being a pilot, chances are your gonna loose your job at some point or another. Its still the best job on the planet, but its risky.

If I wasn't able to accept the high risk of layoffs then I would have stood in a different line on career day...

I want to point my finger but that is useless.

I guess its Keystone Light for me for the next few months.......

Understand Cherybomb but its a slap in the face sitting next to these old F*$ts and having them tell you how much money they have and they dont need to work.
Then theres the other half that complain there ex took all there money..YOU MARRIED HER!!! so whos fault is that? Two sides to every story. I am sure all the divorced guys were the perfect husband..Like to hear the exes take on why there divorced..

Latest resources

Back