• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet lays off 25 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be more specific. I believe he is saying Flex should have laid off the guys on this thread who are whining about the old guys who won't retire. My opinion, fwiw: If you start getting rid of guys for some arbitrary reason, where will it end. Layoffs in seniority order, and terminations if you can't pass the checkride or get a medical because of a permanently disqualifying condition. Other than that, fly 'til you die if it makes you happy.

Some may have noticed that some of our "special people" are being shown the door as well.

FastJP4,

There's some light at the end of the tunnel. We just don't know if it's the other side or an oncoming freight train.

Some may have noticed that some of our "special people" are being shown the door as well.

FastJP4,

There's some light at the end of the tunnel. We just don't know if it's the other side or an oncoming freight train.

Any inclination on that light? Thanks - PM if need be.

I wasnt there, but my impression from the notes posted on the BB was that more layoffs is more likely than not. anybody else get that impression?

My impression was that the company thinks things will stop the downward trend by 3rd quarter, and then stabilize for the rest of the year. That might be my optimistic thinking. Hang in there all of you that were furloughed.

Thanks guys. Here's to hoping there's no more. This side of the fence truly sucks.

cant say i have heard anything???

I've only heard of one on the 45, you with me brother? The way I understand the furloughs they're based on the net loss of aircraft for the year, so as long as we don't shrink any further we hopefully won't need to furlough again.

Latest resources

Back