• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well just my guess but if DAC came to Bombardier as said "we want to buy a few billion dollars worth of airplanes, but you have to also give us flexjet..." That might be a pretty good deal for Bombardier. And even though we were making them money, it would have been 10s of millions at best. Thats pocket change for Bombardier.

I think it was NetJets.

They told Raytheon to get rid of Travel air if they want NJ to buy the Horizons.
Then they told Cessna to get rid of Citation Air if they wanted any more CX , Latitude sales.
Then the tell Bombardier to get rid of Flex if they want to sell NJ Globals.

Being tied to a manufacture was at one time a plus, now it looks like it became a minus.

TWA is right. Flex is a good business model and is very profitable. Makes me wonder why Bombardier ever sold us.

The are hurting for cash. Current employees at BBD say they are in major cost containment mode.

The Lear 85 and C-Series are 2+ billion into development either zero revenue. They are years behind schedule.

They needed the money.

TWA is right. Flex is a good business model and is very profitable. Makes me wonder why Bombardier ever sold us.

Bombardier sold Flexjet at a very profitable time. They also sold the Recreational Products division years ago at a peak time as well. Bombardier, at one time, was diversifying. For the last decade or so, they have been consolidating and narrowing their core business to planes and trains.

Like the old saying, "buy low sell high".

Well just my guess but if DAC came to Bombardier as said "we want to buy a few billion dollars worth of airplanes, but you have to also give us flexjet..." That might be a pretty good deal for Bombardier. And even though we were making them money, it would have been 10s of millions at best. Thats pocket change for Bombardier.

Wondering why you believe Flex was profitable under Bombardier? Are there financials available somewhere on this? After all, historically companies have often portrayed themselves as "profitable" even right up until bankruptcy.

I think this is particularly true in our industry which is so driven by brand cachet.

Wondering why you believe Flex was profitable under Bombardier? Are there financials available somewhere on this? After all, historically companies have often portrayed themselves as "profitable" even right up until bankruptcy.

I think this is particularly true in our industry which is so driven by brand cachet.

FJs profit/loss was always given as a part of Bombardier and also separately.

Not sure if this information was split in the public documents.

Are you trying to convince people that FJ wasn't profitable so if there is a pilot merger that would somehow favor FO?

FJ maintained profitability even during the downturn of 2008. It was tight, but each year we made a profit.

Instead of you telling us to prove we were profitable, why don't you show some proof that we weren't.

Latest resources

Back