• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember right, on the day the aquisition was announced, KR himself said Flex was the "first profitable company he ever acquired".

If I remember right, on the day the aquisition was announced, KR himself said Flex was the "first profitable company he ever acquired".

Forgot about that. He also said they weren't used to purchasing a company and not having to make major changes since, but that is where they found themselves since what we were doing was obviously working. Maybe another reason he purchased FJ was to capture some quality management to run his fractional business model.

One if the metrics of our annual bonus plan was EBIT. Last year we had the largest bonus % that we have received since I have been here. Not only did we meet our goals, we overachieved in most categories.

Do you guys get given yearly financial performance numbers at FO?

FJs profit/loss was always given as a part of Bombardier and also separately.

Not sure if this information was split in the public documents.
Are you trying to convince people that FJ wasn't profitable so if there is a pilot merger that would somehow favor FO?

FJ maintained profitability even during the downturn of 2008. It was tight, but each year we made a profit.

Instead of you telling us to prove we were profitable, why don't you show some proof that we weren't.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just trying to figure out why you believe Flex was profitable. Besides as I've said many times, I think we will all either sink or swim together. In other words this situation will either help or harm both pilot groups equally depending on what we ultimately decide as a combined group.

Did you see the books, or any other documents, or are just relying on what you've been told and are repeating it on here?

You mentioned in another post the you had "met goals". How do you know you met them and for that matter how do you know you didn't greatly exceed them? Are pilots able to see the raw data these bonuses are predicated on, or are you also taking senior managements' word for this as well?

See if you had a CBA it would likely contain information sharing provisions like ours does. Then your representatives would be able to do an audit and verify what the pilots were told was true. Not that management would ever lie :erm:

See if you had a CBA it would likely contain information sharing provisions like ours does. Then your representatives would be able to do an audit and verify what the pilots were told was true. Not that management would ever lie :erm:

Maybe their CBA could contain a revenue sharing section like the one 1108 negotiated for us at Options. How's that working out?

Maybe their CBA could contain a revenue sharing section like the one 1108 negotiated for us at Options. How's that working out?

Hey it's what was negotiated in the depths of the recession. But at least it's audited by the union quarterly. Would you prefer the alternative, with everything else that goes along with it?

Can anyone prove Flex wasn't profitable?

Logic 101

The burden of proof lies with the person or persons who are making the claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid.

Example: You can't prove that space aliens don't exist, so they must be out there.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back