FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTwa19

The Unions protection goes only so far and you know it. Some situations warrant termination and sometimes the best outcome is a chance to resign.

Other protections include:
Work rules -details (we already have some)
OT pay -we have this
Day 8 travel - we don't have thus because we don't do 8 day trips
Protected pay for the length of a contract. - Our pay has only gone up
Scope - don't need it, we aren't an airline
Stewards - not sure what this is
Furlough recall rights - we recalled furloughed pilots. Yours drop after 7 years.
Just to name a few. Now what I don't understand is why you would not want these protections?

I feel there is a very small difference in what you have in your CBA and what we already have.

I know you will say that they are going to start raking thus all away from us. I doubt that is the case. We have a great management team. We are profitable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Those 300s operated in the FO storefront will be flown by FJ pilots.

I know you are saying this knowing there us no way it will happen just to put anger and fear into FJ pilots.

You kinda found like my son when the was about 3 saying "I want it, I want it."

So I guess we have to act like your parent, "Chief those seats aren't yours, so no you can't have them. Would you like it up one of your friends took your toy away?"

I know this attitude is not in the majority at FO, but you are really hurting your cause.

Same thing was said during the Travel Air/Flops merger. Let me enlighten you on what happened. TA was top heavy in Hawker Capts. Many of them got displaced back into a Beechjet. Soon after Flops started getting rid of the Cessnas. Where do you think those Flops Capts got displaced too? Your probably not bright enough to guess so I will tell you. They ended up in the new TA hawkers. Soon after the TA Hawker Capts that were displaced to Beechjets started coming back to the Hawkers as year one Capts. But mgt can do that with no CBA. BTW, did you wonder why they went back to year 1 pay? Because that's what Kenn believes in. Switch planes and go back to year 1. But mgt can do that with no CBA.

I will say it one more time. Mgt can that with no CBA. I'm going to laugh when we lose the CBA and watch the changes he will make.

We have a Certified Bargaining Agreement. That's backed by Federal law.

You have a piece of paper backed up by a promise.

Your being disingenuous with yourself and the other Flex pilots if you think what you have now offers the protection of a CBA.

Originally Posted by GooseHZ
BTwa19

The Unions protection goes only so far and you know it. Some situations warrant termination and sometimes the best outcome is a chance to resign.

OT pay -we have this
Furlough recall rights - we recalled furloughed pilots. Yours drop after 7 years.
Just to name a few. Now what I don't understand is why you would not want these protections?

I feel there is a very small difference in what you have in your CBA and what we already have.

I know you will say that they are going to start raking thus all away from us. I doubt that is the case. We have a great management team. We are profitable. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I love how you state that.
"Day 8 travel - we don't have thus because we don't do 8 day trips"
You know you do not work 8 days, but probably will be soon.

What he should have said from the start was, Last Day Work Rules.

Which is; they can not schedule you for over 14 hrs duty. That includes any trips + travel via airlines or rental. If you are gonna exceed 14 hrs on last day, due to airline delays, etc - you can pull the plug and stop where you are. You get OT pay, and if you get home before 12noon, then you start duty at that time. If you get home after 12noon then you get your first day off.

And I all ready know what you are going to say, so say it in 5,4,3,2,

You guys keep telling us we need the union for protection.

If Shanes was fired, how much protection Incan your union really offer?

So if he was fired because of his mouth it sounds like we have better job security at FJ than you guys do under your union.

If he's who I think he is, he was fired before we had the CBA. Know one, except a couple guys who failed Capt. upgrades and the guys who took one off the end in Flying Cloud, has been fired since we've had the CBA.

It not like they haven't tried. They were going to fire one guy I know because he left his phone in the room and went down for lunch, while in stby at the hotel. Stupid mistake yes, but grounds for termination?

Needless to say, thanks to the union he kept his job.

Originally Posted by GooseHZ
BTwa19

OT pay -we have this

I love how you state that.
"Day 8 travel - we don't have thus because we don't do 8 day trips"
You know you do not work 8 days, but probably will be soon.

What he should have said from the start was, Last Day Work Rules.

Which is; they can not schedule you for over 14 hrs duty. That includes any trips + travel via airlines or rental. If you are gonna exceed 14 hrs on last day, due to airline delays, etc - you can pull the plug and stop where you are. You get OT pay, and if you get home before 12noon, then you start duty at that time. If you get home after 12noon then you get your first day off.

And I all ready know what you are going to say, so say it in 5,4,3,2,

We can actually go to 16 hours on last day. Anything past 14 has to be travel.

We do get paid hourly overtime over 12 hours and triple past 14. If we won't make it home by 16 hours we can stay and get an OT day.

There is talk of us getting more bases if the crews wanting to move to the new bases are willing to only work 6-8 day trips. Not sure where you heard that we are getting 8 day trips soon. Maybe you need to check with your "inside man" as to where he got that info.

We can actually go to 16 hours on last day. Anything past 14 has to be travel.

We do get paid hourly overtime over 12 hours and triple past 14. If we won't make it home by 16 hours we can stay and get an OT day.

There is talk of us getting more bases if the crews wanting to move to the new bases are willing to only work 6-8 day trips. Not sure where you heard that we are getting 8 day trips soon. Maybe you need to check with your "inside man" as to where he got that info.

REALLY!!!!

You say it yourself above, 6-8 day trips,
Right before you say you don't know where I got 8 day trips from.

Wonder if those bases are bases that we negotiated for to have.

I learned enough about the IBT when they decided to represent GoJets, knowing they were an alter ego, whipsaw operation. No thanks! I'm sure you got some good guys at your local, but want nothing to do with the Teamsters.

Last edited:
REALLY!!!!

You say it yourself above, 6-8 day trips,
Right before you say you don't know where I got 8 day trips from.

Wonder if those bases are bases that we negotiated for to have.

Wow, that's some arrogance, but I'm sure if you get a pay increase to the FJ scale you'll give credit where it's due.

And, if it comes to giving anything up to get more bases, don't count on it.

Wow, that's some arrogance, but I'm sure if you get a pay increase to the FJ scale you'll give credit where it's due.

And, if it comes to giving anything up to get more bases, don't count on it.

You are absolutely correct. If KR raises us to FJ pay, I will give credit to Bombardier. Because Bombardier was smart enough to provide their pilots the industry standard in lieu of getting a Union. Flops management was so blind to their own over inflated ego's that they didn't realize actually doing something over saying time and time again. "We are aware of the issue and are looking into it" or "We are working on that payscale". They DID everything in the world to ask us to vote for a Union, yet they REALLY thought they were doing everything in the world to get us to not vote for the Union.
However I don't see KR doing anything of that sort anytime soon or out of the goodness of his heart by any means. He's drafted LOA's up before, he can certainly draft and LOA up right this minute and take it over to the IBT and say, "Here ya go, I want to give everyone a raise, effective immediately" But, he won't do that, that's not KR. That's just too bad, he has happy FJ pilots, he certainly could have a LOT of happy Flops pilots for when his single carrier union vote happens. KR wants nothing more than to beat the IBT off his property. He wants to push out his chest, beat it with his fists and claim victory about has much as he wants to be bigger and badder than NetJets.d

Latest resources

Back