FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok.
I see what you are saying here. That's probably why the globals are being structured the way they are. If the Global goes away, leave or go back in the mix. Makes sense.

I guess these folks are just SOL when their fleet gets retired.

Way too many "If's" in this scenario. Perhaps we will know more tomorrow and perhaps not. My question is, " How the hell does an SLI benefit a flex pilot with ten years or less seniority?" In my opinion and SLI only benefits current FLOPS pilots per pay and seniority. Nothing against you guys...everyone I've met on the FLOPS side have been really great, but from where I sit in the big scheme of things.....looks like a ******************** job. Guess we will find out tomorrow, but I have reservations about the truth really being told then.

The guys working without a CBA are SOL. The pilots operating under a CBA with an effective Union as a steward of the contract aren't. They have language that allows them to move fleets and get paid for what they can hold. Better than being on the street.

Thanks for your well thought out courteous reply. We need more civil discussion and less name calling.

KR said it himself yesterday. More questions than answers. We will have to wait and see ect ect. The only thing any of us can count on is what is written down in a legally binding CBA for the entire pilot group.

The fence agreements if the company signs off should keep you in your seat and the LOA should keep your pay until the new contract is done. But that's a whole different animal and will come later and from folks that know fence agreements much better than I.

So, let me get this straight... You guys are asking the Flex guys to vote in your 1108? Then, they too can tag along to the worst contract in the industry.
Wow... That sound wonderful. Where do I sign up for that huge paycut and A$$ reaming?

Have you read the agreement? It's 300 pages and covers a lot of ground, work rules, schedules, scope protections ;).

But I think the most important part of it is the just cause provision. It says that in order for the company to discipline or discharge a pilot they must prove they have just cause to do so in front of an arbitrator. You, on the other hand as an at-will employee, can be fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. Just ask the dozens of Flight Options pilots who have been protected by the union since the CBA was ratified if they'd rather be at-will.

I just don't understand why some guys get this twisted around. Choice #1, at-will employment, where nothing is in writing and can be changed with an email to the pilot group v/s Choice #2, everything is in writing and can only be changed at the negotiating table. Really seems like a no-brainier to me and I don't get why this is controversial.

The A$$ reaming your worried about is scheduled for the day the union is voted out at Options/Flex.

Kenn told a whopper on his conference call. He said the 401k was negotiated away by the union. The truth is, it was taken away unilaterally by the company while we were at-will, over a year before the CBA was ratified.

Last edited:
Just a prediction, KR will tell the flex folks we can keep what we have if we don't vote yes for the union, or vote for the union and lose pay/benefits/schedule under the union contract.

Whats this about one crew per plane or something? is that for new airplanes coming on property or is that going to be implemented across the board?

One last question, from your point of view, was there any good news form the meeting yesterday?

Just a prediction, KR will tell the flex folks we can keep what we have if we don't vote yes for the union, or vote for the union and lose pay/benefits/schedule under the union contract.

Whats this about one crew per plane or something? is that for new airplanes coming on property or is that going to be implemented across the board?

One last question, from your point of view, was there any good news form the meeting yesterday?

I imagine the Legacies being replaced by GIVSPs will be viewed positively... I can speak from personal experience on the ERJ. Other than that....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back