• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Falls Short

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget that the first offer was overwhelmingly rejected by the NJ pilots and their spouses. It was a joke! Be prepared to hold your ground! Those of us who have negotiated for big-ticket items--cars, houses, etc--know that you don't jump at the first offer.

Out of touch with reality...

ArtVandalay said:
I think the raise we got was pretty good, in fact its great if we keep working what we are now cause that gives captains over a 20% increase and F/O's 20%.

Dude -- stay in touch with the issue! Screw their 20% -- which we get only if we keep working 221 days a year (which management is now conviently calling 214.5).

Cut the days down and the percentages go down pretty siginificantly. If I work 184 days (now industry standard) at the NEW rate, I will get a whopping $16 more per paycheck than on my CURRENT checks -- not even enough to take my kids out for ice cream. WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!!!!!

Pilots shouted from the rooftops for less work days. Many, many stated on bluebelly we would do this for a lateral payscale. In their clever clever way, management gave all you/us/them suckers the appearance of doing everything while doing NOTHING.

How f-ing gullible are we a flexjet? Apparently, judging by some of the blue kool aide posts I've been reading, way too freaking gullible.

Art, don't take this personally. I am not attacking you specifically, but everyone needs to open up their eyes. What they gave us was nothing, and will continue to do so and half the pilot group will keep humming along like a bunch 4th graders on a short bus school trip to meat packing plant.

Honestly, I would have been happier with a big FU, you're not getting jack letter than to be lied to and spun all around the world on numbers my 8 year old can see through.

Grow some and sign your card...

VIVA LA UNION REVOLUTION!!!!

Last edited:
New hires were happy to get a $500 signing bonus. One of them even posted on here telling us he was pleased. They came to NJA with their eyes open and are glad to have leaders like SU making NJ a place they can have a career--not just build time. They posted their thanks on the NJ pilots message board.

For NJAwife or anyone else in the know.........

When did the union, and not IBT 1108 start at NJA? Has NJA always had a union? If not, what was the process like for the pilots as far as what took place as the vote was beginning and so forth? When did your first contract come into effect after voting an union and what happened to pilots pay during that process. I think that some people believe that once a vote is done, there will be some great contract, and I personnally believe that they are far from correct.

NJAwife, you mention eyes wide open, and I think as passoinate as some of the Flex guys appear and Options for that matter, that they need to know what to expect.

So please, inform the uninformed, and that includes myself.

Thanks

I asked my husband how long the pilots had been unionized and the answer was "a long time". They started out under IBT Local 284 with just a few hundred pilots. That was years before my husband joined NJ, so we don't know what the process was like for those pilots. I will pass your question along to one of the pilots that has been with the company many more years than my husband has. My "eyes wide open" post referred to new hires and the upgrade time--not to those ready to stand up for themselves. I think you have all seen enough to know that things aren't going to change unless y'all force the issue. Those frac pilots that are still "sleeping" need to open their eyes, wide, and take a look around! (I hope that clears up my post :))

CL300, I don't share your dismal thinking. The bar has been raised and a new industry standard for compensation has been set. 1108 is willing to offer plenty of free advice and encouragement. The management of other frac companies will be under greater pressure than NJA was. Therefore, a historical comparison is really not an accurate way to gage the present challenge. Denying their pilots comparable wages earned by the majority of frac pilots will be extremely hard for the hold-outs to justify. With determination, it is entirely possible for the other frac pilots to significantly improve their situation. There has never been a better time!
Respectfully.
Netjetwife

THE TIDE HAS TURNED! KEEP YOUR CHINS UP AND PADDLE HARD!

A RISING TIDE LIFTS ALL BOATS--BUT PADDLING IS REQUIRED.

Get those cards in-now! We can only help you if you show a willingness to help yourselves!

netjetwife said:
CL300, I don't share your dismal thinking.

Netjetwife,

I fail to see in my posting where I am displaying "dismal thinging." The fact is, there is evidentally a push here behind the scenes and I for one would like to me more "informed." If that is dismal thinking in your opinion, then so be it. I do for one feel that an uninformed decision is an ignorant decision. If a union is to come to flex, then so be it. But as people who are responsible for their livelyhood, should they not be asking questions and realise that if/when a union comes here, it is not going to change things over night? Do people not need to realise what is in front of them? Would you want your husband flying into a level 5 storm at night with no radar? I think not. You show me a source where this type of information is available, and won't post anything regarding the union process again.

CL300pilot

Latest resources

Back