• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet and a slow death.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree with Praetorian, having a CBA makes all the difference in the world. Non union pilots don't have a clue.

The difference is simple, "at will" employees verses those protected by making the company prove "just cause." The union will provide a defence for a charge against a pilot until the company can prove just cause in disciplining a pilot up to termination. An "at will" employee has NO protection from management, period.

Wake up you company coolaid drinkers. You have absolutely no protection without a union. If you think the company cares about you, I have a bridge for sale at a good price. Favors and good deeds last up to the moment they are completed and forgotten immediatley. Screw up once and it is NEVER forgotten. DUH!!!!!

Thank you Mr. 7 posts. This is really good information! We would have never figured this out without your enlightenment. Of course you agree with Praetorian...one has to wonder why however.

This will help me in my career as a cross dressing juggler...I think...I will talk to my wife and get her opinion and report back.

Looks like the Fractional Ownership model is under pressure due to shifting customer preferences. Much like the Blockbuster Video Rental Chain, great in its day but over come by shifting markets forces and customer preferences.

I think the fractional model is fine, it is the economy that is the culprit. And, due to the economics of scale, NJA is really hard to compete with. Even though we have a union, it behaves in a reasonable fashion, which is good. Wouldn't it be loverly to see lower corporate and cap gains and personal income tax rates? Sigh. The economy would be so much more robust.

I think the fractional model is fine, it is the economy that is the culprit. And, due to the economics of scale, NJA is really hard to compete with. Even though we have a union, it behaves in a reasonable fashion, which is good. Wouldn't it be loverly to see lower corporate and cap gains and personal income tax rates? Sigh. The economy would be so much more robust.

Your talking normal here, wow!

I'm not at Flex anymore but, talked to a couple of Flex guys on the left coast the other day and it seems there is never anything good to say. Always the worry of an uncertain future and a last minute management style seems to take its toll on the workers there. Never realized how much that negative environment affected me until I retired from there. It's sad that charter flying is more fun than that place. I really feel sorry for those having to listen to the garb from the D.O. on down. I felt like I was bathing in someone else's dirty water.

Aah, I love Springtime. Flowers emerging, squirrels scratching, and the Spring call for the poor, ignorant, unwashed mass at Flex to unionize. and now our bud Doyle has also emerged, to...what...spread crap about his former employer? Doyle, i hope you found a descent shower to get clean again. But shouldn't you move on?
WL

Aah, I love Springtime. Flowers emerging, squirrels scratching, and the Spring call for the poor, ignorant, unwashed mass at Flex to unionize. and now our bud Doyle has also emerged, to...what...spread crap about his former employer? Doyle, i hope you found a descent shower to get clean again. But shouldn't you move on?
WL

Disagree a bit. I have found doylehargraves a decent human being based on his posts. Could be wrong...but don't think so.

I'm not at Flex anymore but, talked to a couple of Flex guys on the left coast the other day and it seems there is never anything good to say. Always the worry of an uncertain future and a last minute management style seems to take its toll on the workers there. Never realized how much that negative environment affected me until I retired from there. It's sad that charter flying is more fun than that place. I really feel sorry for those having to listen to the garb from the D.O. on down. I felt like I was bathing in someone else's dirty water.

Nice..Go ahead and chalk that up to a lesson learned.

Last edited:
WL

Spread crap? Don't bend my words little friend. I'm NOT spreading anything, just speaking the truth of what sentiment your pilots tell me on the road. Trust me, I've moved on but would like to see Flexjet succeed. My point was that I used to make fun of charter operators because I thought they were shady overworked outfits but; now I realize that I was already in that category to a degree and, the place I fly for now was on that list but, I'm happier than I've ever been in a smaller airplane. The severance was a good barometer of the ignominy of that place; but, I'll take my money and see the ocean every day while you sit on your hands and lurk here to take pop shots at people that want to strive and do good. Did you ever think that maybe there is always union talk because there is a lack of good leadership, instead of employees just whining and complaining as you like to point out?

We're recalling/hiring in case anyone had any further doubts about our early demise.

Latest resources

Back