• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First it was "how many numbers til I upgrade?"

Then it was "how many numbers til I get fuloughed?"

Now it's "who many numbers til I get recalled?"

Such is life.

Very bad news.

I assume it will be in inverse seniority order again, like the last one. The notifications are supposed to be complete by 3/27 as I understand it.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this - truly not good news. I'm kind of surprised - especially with how many considering it appears the flying (live legs) has been getting back to respectable levels the last couple of weeks.

If the 60 is accurate, + the 25 already kicked to the curb - what is that - almost 20% of the pilots?

One can only guess the motivation behind this round.

Last edited:
First it was "how many numbers til I upgrade?"

Then it was "how many numbers til I get fuloughed?"

Now it's "who many numbers til I get recalled?"

Such is life.

And for the 30 or so who are getting bumped back down "how many numbers until I can move back up?"
I think it will be longer for those to move back over to the left than it will take to recall a lot of furloughed F/O's

They are laying off at least 60. Which means downgrades of about 25-30 probably too. THIS SUCKS. I really get the feeling that this industry will turnaround this fall too. Hopefully we can last that long with our furlough friendly ceo.

Not a furlough guys. This is termination complete with severance.

Hopefully recalls happen in order of seniority but there is no guarantee and it probably won't happen until next year. Good thing I was cautiously pessimistic and was only caught with my pants down around my knees.

Hope to see y'all soon. :(

FWIW - The 25 shown the street prior to this round of 60 - throughout all of their paperwork it was referred to as a furlough repeatedly. A furlough with a 2 year call back - I guess after the two years you turn into a pumpkin.

Latest resources

Back