• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex furloughs again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a furlough guys. This is termination complete with severance.

That's funny because the phone call I received went: "blah blah blah, I'm calling to tell you that you're being furloughed."

So let's just stick to facts around this dump for a change, shall we?

what exactly do you get for recall rights? is there something official? signed paperwork of some kind?

just wondering how binding it is

what exactly do you get for recall rights? is there something official? signed paperwork of some kind?

just wondering how binding it is

If it was anything like the last one, they will recall in seniority and based on if you were a good employee or not.

That's funny because the phone call I received went: "blah blah blah, I'm calling to tell you that you're being furloughed."

So let's just stick to facts around this dump for a change, shall we?

Semantics... we're on the street anyway but technically a furlough is a leave of absence from the military or a temporary lay-off. That said however it's much like a shart... whatever else is involved it's still basically a fart.

Does any of this surprise you??? Look at the background of our CEO. Airlines (and he wasn't at any of them for more than 3 years). He doesn't know how to do anything but furlough when things get bad.

Does any of this surprise you??? Look at the background of our CEO. Airlines (and he wasn't at any of them for more than 3 years). He doesn't know how to do anything but furlough when things get bad.

Yeah he does, he's real good at getting rid of pensions too so, good thing ours is already gone. I'm really glad that in the video taped meetings on bb he's all upbeat and everyone is laughing at his comments and having a good time while they eat the catered food the company paid for. The true test for this ceo is when we start hiring again--he won't know what to do. There is a reason he's called fred greed. I'm gonna bet he won't volunteer to reduce his salary either.

FWIW - The 25 shown the street prior to this round of 60 - throughout all of their paperwork it was referred to as a furlough repeatedly. A furlough with a 2 year call back - I guess after the two years you turn into a pumpkin.

The problem is, the "recall roster" was a separate memo. Nowhere in the severance agreement was the "recall roster" even mentioned. The memo can be changed at the will of the company, and they don't have to bring back anyone. Ever.

Times like this is when we need a union. not to prevent layoffs, but to have real recall rights. And its our own fault for not doing it

The problem is, the "recall roster" was a separate memo. Nowhere in the severance agreement was the "recall roster" even mentioned. The memo can be changed at the will of the company, and they don't have to bring back anyone. Ever.

Maybe. But, they have never lied to me. Maybe stretched the regulations a bit, but never, ever lied to me.
I, too, was told "this is a furlough, NOT a termination". "We are going from the bottom up, and we will recall from the top down."

And, I was fortunate to be able to record the conversation.

I do trust them at their word.

Hung

I know what else he's (Reid) good at: Farming our flying out to the lowest bidder, and paycuts. Where do you suppose all of the money the company saves from the current furlough actions will go? Looks like there is only one group here at Flex that is being held accountable for this big mess. Best of luck to those hitting the street. "Fortune favours the Bold"

Latest resources

Back