Flex furloughs again

Club ORD FO

Total Time
Flex lays off again

wow, so soon after the last one? I'm surprised. This cant be good, no matter how senior you are

Last edited:

Going2Golf

Facta, non verba
Total Time
7000+
Additional 60 for a total of 85 (including first round) and appx 30 downgrades.

cherry20's

Registered FI Abuser
Total Time
Holy Crap! Sorry to all who were effected. Not good news for the Fractional industry again. I thought things were starting to get better...

CALRepublic

Total Time
plenty
Very, very sorry to hear this.

I wonder how much longer we'll be able to hold on (where I work). It's like a train, you can almost hear it, but can't see it yet.

Flex-ible

JAFO
Total Time
40+
First it was "how many numbers til I upgrade?"

Then it was "how many numbers til I get fuloughed?"

Now it's "who many numbers til I get recalled?"

Such is life.

XBI

Total Time
28k+
Very bad news.

I assume it will be in inverse seniority order again, like the last one. The notifications are supposed to be complete by 3/27 as I understand it.

Last edited:

FastJP4

Total Time
enough
Very sorry to hear this - truly not good news. I'm kind of surprised - especially with how many considering it appears the flying (live legs) has been getting back to respectable levels the last couple of weeks.

If the 60 is accurate, + the 25 already kicked to the curb - what is that - almost 20% of the pilots?

One can only guess the motivation behind this round.

Last edited:

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Total Time
enough
First it was "how many numbers til I upgrade?"

Then it was "how many numbers til I get fuloughed?"

Now it's "who many numbers til I get recalled?"

Such is life.
And for the 30 or so who are getting bumped back down "how many numbers until I can move back up?"
I think it will be longer for those to move back over to the left than it will take to recall a lot of furloughed F/O's

RP170

Total Time
Very, very sorry to hear this.

I wonder how much longer we'll be able to hold on (where I work). It's like a train, you can almost hear it, but can't see it yet.
Sooner than later I'm afraid.

ArtVandalay

Banned
Total Time
none
They are laying off at least 60. Which means downgrades of about 25-30 probably too. THIS SUCKS. I really get the feeling that this industry will turnaround this fall too. Hopefully we can last that long with our furlough friendly ceo.

Nolife

Tired Member
Total Time
4000+
Not a furlough guys. This is termination complete with severance.

Hopefully recalls happen in order of seniority but there is no guarantee and it probably won't happen until next year. Good thing I was cautiously pessimistic and was only caught with my pants down around my knees.

Hope to see y'all soon. :(

FastJP4

Total Time
enough
FWIW - The 25 shown the street prior to this round of 60 - throughout all of their paperwork it was referred to as a furlough repeatedly. A furlough with a 2 year call back - I guess after the two years you turn into a pumpkin.