Fired - Need Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Attitude?

I was going to basically tell you the same thing as what Richard said, but I wanted to emphasize one thing. It is all about attitude. I have heard of a few guys getting fired from the regionals and it was almost always for one of two reasons; bad attitude or bad situational awareness. There is a school of though that thinks you can not teach good situational awareness (or it is too expensive to teach) I suspect that it was one of these two that ultimately cost you your job. My advice, when you are the new guy, don't be negative - ever. You should be humble when anything is not textbook. If you are high on final, for what ever reason, then you didn't plan this or that correctly. It is rarely the mistakes we make that cost us our jobs, it is what we do next. As you continue flight instructing try to incorporate in every students lesson a situational awareness exercise. This might be beneficial to you as well. I would recommend you go to a job fair and speak to the recruiters. They will be candid with you on how to proceed.

Good luck,

BBB

sometimes a step backward to go forward is the way to success.

I don't care what happened at the other company.....you can make it. failure breeds success...pure and simple.... take that and go on from here...

practical action step:

fly freight
fly a 1900 for Colgan, great winter experience up north...( I spent a winter up there as a 1900 captain, and trust me , fours years of flying mindnumbing visuals out of Charlotte on mild days with clear skies, doesn't teach you anyhting other than when to be able to predict within seconds of accuracy, when the Charlotte final controller is going to turn you on a downwind for the classic "slam dunk"

by the way, were your "visuals" of the "slam dunk" variety, (i.e. getting cleared at 8 or 9 thousand feet, and you're doing 210 or better and you got to get them elbows and arms a movin to configure and slow this flying "beer can" down?

flighter said:
Is it just me or did I miss something. I have seen this type of post before and lots of guys chime in and tell the person to keep going and don't give up, which is all good. The one thing i don't see is anyone chime in who has been in this person's shoes and actually made it back to a 121 outfit. It is always a friend or I have heard of. I would really like to hear from someone who has beeen though what this person has gone though and post on this board. I am thinking you are just all trying to make the person feel better which is fine. I have never worked 121 but I have been told by people who do that once you flunk out you are done which is sad.

Mullet works for me, I have not been in this position but have hired 10 to 15 guys who were in the exact situation. I can't believe none of them have chimed in...It has been done but beyond the regional level I cannot confirm. Most of the guys in this situation that we have hired have gone back and taken an RJ program at a facility and received a recommendation from the school. All these schools are in well with most regionals and we get large numbers of recommendations.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I never heard of busting for electing to excercise safety and going around. Then getting forced to resign. There has to be more to it than that. They wouldn't be so fast to fire after dumping that amount of money to train you. I haqd trouble during a phase of training a few years ago. I was given an eval sim, and they saw, I knew my flows, callouts memory items etc etc etc. So they determined another sim session dedicated to those nasty V1 cuts in the J32 sim will get me through and it did. So, I am sorry you got shafted, I am not sure what could have happened.

Latest resources

Back