Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finished With the Airlines

I think the broader point is that far too many pilots nowadays go to regionals, then go to majors, and are somehow surprised that their paychecks don't go up like they somehow expected.

US flying simply isn't what it used to be, nor is it ever likely to return. If high pay and lots of days off are what you want out of flying, you'll have to broaden your horizons beyond the major/regional-lift model.

The sooner, the better, IMHO.

I'm with ya on that. Making the jump from corporate to a 12-day off build-up reserve at a regional has actually been a fantastic bump in my QOL-and I don't even have a 'good schedule' by most standards, however, this is my one shot at the airline side. If it doesn't work out I'm running back to corporate or international long enough for me to get set up and get out of this line of work. It is quickly becoming not worth it anymore.

I'm with ya on that. Making the jump from corporate to a 12-day off build-up reserve at a regional has actually been a fantastic bump in my QOL-and I don't even have a 'good schedule' by most standards

What kind of god-awful schedule did you have flying that Hawker that a 12 day off build-up provides a bump in QOL?

Were you pure 91 or managed 91/135? Were you always on call?

If it doesn't work out I'm running back to corporate or international long enough for me to get set up and get out of this line of work. It is quickly becoming not worth it anymore.

I'll be right behind you...Actually, I might beat ya there.....This regional airline bs is NUTS!

I'm not fed up with this $hit. My company is highly profitable and will be hiring shortly. I'm a 7yr F/O, I fly widebodies internationally and I make over $175,000 (NOT including per diem) flying just a few open trips a year.

I won a multi-million dollar lottery, and I just do this for fun, and the crew meals.

What kind of god-awful schedule did you have flying that Hawker that a 12 day off build-up provides a bump in QOL?

Were you pure 91 or managed 91/135? Were you always on call?

91/135/91k

Crazy huh? Yeah, basically no hard days off. Didn't actually work that much but had to be available. Lots of overnights. No hard days and no real advance notice makes it tough to make plans. The fam is much happier now.

I won a multi-million dollar lottery, and I just do this for fun, and the crew meals.
You too?!:beer:

I will admit I don't like leaving my Bentley in the Crew Lot.

Latest resources

Back