• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Judgement DOJ - AA / US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once again, another Southwest and JetBlue handout.

People light up the Bankruptcy laws on here, but yet turn their heads when the Government picks winners and losers in other arenas.

I just read that there will be guaranteed slots issued to JB and SW......it's on the internet, so it MUST be true!!

=)

Not so good at reading legalese, but it looks to me like Jet Blue and SWA are only guaranteed the the slots that they are already leasing from American.

Not so good at reading legalese, but it looks to me like Jet Blue and SWA are only guaranteed the the slots that they are already leasing from American.

This is true, but the remaining slots will only be allowed to be bid by certain airlines. These only airlines undoubtedly allowed to bid will be lccs, and the only lccs interested in the dca slots will be b6 and WN. Perhaps NK might be interested in LGA, but I'm guessing the other two will pay more.

SWA JB and VA will always be the darlings of the industry... Don't forget that the government owes a "debt of gratitude" to SWA after all those decades of Wright Amendment punishment. Consider this deal one of those payoffs, IMHO.

If your airline is associated with "low fares" and "freedom for the masses", you will ALWAYS have the gov't on your side - No matter that the particular airline is not quite so "low fare" anymore (SWA, JB).

So simple even a caveman can understand!

I just read that there will be guaranteed slots issued to JB and SW......it's on the internet, so it MUST be true!!

=)

JetBlue and Southwest were being leased 8 slots each in LGA by Airways. They will now have the option to purchase them. If they choose not to they will be auctioned off with the rest. These 8 slots were included in the settlement.

And now the fun begins....who is representing the Airways folks during SLI etc....etc...

Latest resources

Back