FedEx Training Letter Out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Passover Pay

A question for clarification...getting passover pay as the junior guy activates does not apply if the guy being leap-frogged is still on probation pay right? I think he'll keep making $49.86/hr until off probation. Can anybody confirm or refute this for me?

propjob27 said:
I'm sitting in the terminal, very bored, so I'll try to answer two recent questions.

From what I remember from the mass email about this is:

They won't hire guys who are actively flying for a "hurting" major. ie, FedEX won't interview guys who are active United, AMR, DAL, UsAir, and NWA. (but they will and often do hire furloughed pilots from these carriers)

Hope the info helps

I know a guy that is actively flying the line at UAL that recently interviewed at FDX...not sure if he got hired.

I know a guy that is actively flying the line at UAL that recently interviewed at FDX...not sure if he got hired.

In that case, maybe they finally lifted that 'policy' I was talking about. He certianly had a fair shot if he got an interview (unlike some other airlines that have a 25% hire rate). FedEX really wants to hire every single guy/gal they invite in for the interview; they're really good about that. Hope he got it.

Last edited:
FlyPig said:
A question for clarification...getting passover pay as the junior guy activates does not apply if the guy being leap-frogged is still on probation pay right? I think he'll keep making $49.86/hr until off probation. Can anybody confirm or refute this for me?

First year pay is still first year pay. No passover.

capt_zman said:
I definitely had some whine the other day when I saw the training letter. Being displaced by another 4 mos, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing, but it does cost me about 25k in salary. I'd like to meet somebody that loses 25k and is happy about it.

And while the whine is flowing:
Show up for a 1 day, gets extended to a 4 day (with no telephone call), tooling around in 200 and 1/2 in a 1966 -100 with an 10 degree continuously oscillating capt ADI and an intermittent gyro and steer flag on the co-pilot ADI. Head to hotel, only to have a cackling crackwhore and her boy toy Rico getting it on in the room above me while I'm trying to sleep wearing the same underwear I've had on for 3 days.

Just having a bad karma week, but the 20-25k chaps my a$$.

"Displaced", as I understand it, means that you are involuntarily moved from a seat you already are flying in to another seat. Hardly what you describe as "displaced". Also, if anyone junior to you is trained in the seat you are waiting for then you will receive passover pay and the 25K (as you claim) will still be coming your way. If guys senior to you are being trained in front of your original training date thus pushing back your date... welcome to the world of seniority! Does it suck? Maybe when you look at through a very narrow point of view. Does it suck when you look at the "big picture"? Why not ask that question of the guys from DL, NW, UA, etc, etc, etc. I'd say a lot more than a few know what "displaced" really means!

So change "displaced" to "postponed". Either way, it's 20-25 grand out (yes, as I claim) of my pocket. I don't care whether it's a narrow or wide point of view, it sucks.

It's real easy to sit back and say, well look at the other airlines or your lucky to have this job, when it doesn't affect you. I bet you'd sing a different tune if mgmt said to you, "why not ask the guys from DL, NW, UA" when the question of pay concessions comes up at FDX.

cackling crackwhore and her boy toy Rico getting it on in the room above me while I'm trying to sleep wearingthe same underwear I've had on for 3 days.

Did you go upstairs and check her out??? What did she look like??

PS, No ones interested in your goddam n underwear. Of course, if you managed to sneak out with a pair of hers, now thats a different story.

(PM me and I'll buy 'em)

edit:

When you're down to just one pair of underwear for a 3 day trip, sleep nakked. In a pinch, you can cut up a hotel pillow case and use it as make shift skivvies. You'll have to borrow some scissors from the front desk, since we're not allowed to carry our own anymore thanks to a bunch of a-rabs. Note, be careful wearing your new pillow case shorts near a black light. I've been embarrassed more than once in a strip club like that...

Last edited:
capt_zman said:
So change "displaced" to "postponed". Either way, it's 20-25 grand out (yes, as I claim) of my pocket. I don't care whether it's a narrow or wide point of view, it sucks.

It's real easy to sit back and say, well look at the other airlines or your lucky to have this job, when it doesn't affect you. I bet you'd sing a different tune if mgmt said to you, "why not ask the guys from DL, NW, UA" when the question of pay concessions comes up at FDX.

Z,

Will it make you feel any better if you realize that you only actually "lost" out on somewhere between 14-17K after our good Uncle gets his share?

capt_zman said:
Head to hotel, only to have a cackling crackwhore and her boy toy Rico getting it on in the room above me while I'm trying to sleep wearing the same underwear I've had on for 3 days.

Who wears underwear to bed?? :laugh:

Zman: It did come off pretty whiney. I'd give you the benefit of the doubt that it was just a momentary outburst in the middle of a rotten trip.

I spent my first 2 years on the panel on reserve because I couldn't even hold a line. 2 years of not even making the average BLG. I guess I "lost" a lot of money, but I was still happy to be here and you won't hear me complain about much.

Going on 4 years on the panel and finally looking at right seat in the fall, fortunately I did figure out a way to get the right seat pay I could hold though, so I have even less to complain about.

Folks will continue to come in on top of you until you are the number 1 guy so you might as well get used to it. After all, if it weren't for those 4500 or so guys ahead of you you would be making widebody captain pay!

Hang in there and enjoy the jug of shame with me a few months longer!

FJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back