• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Training Letter Out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a week long trip starting on a Monday and my class starts on Wednesday. I am assuming that they drop the whole trip and put the time in MU. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

1st Overnite said:
I have a week long trip starting on a Monday and my class starts on Wednesday. I am assuming that they drop the whole trip and put the time in MU. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks.

Yes, you will get taken off that trip. Probably won't even get put into substitution due to the short buffer before the training. Which class?

Have fun.

FJ

1st Overnite said:

Actually they will drop the trip, and you will get paid for it(trip guarantee), they may or may not put you into substitution but highly unlikely they could assign you a trip>

I will no longer state:

I am not eligible for passover pay

so don't send me any Emails.

MalteseX said:
Won't be eligible for passover pay for a training date swap. All the interviening seniority numbers would have to state in writing that "they give up passover pay" prior to the company approving the swap.

:bawling: oh. nevermind.

capt_zman said:
I also got pushed. 4 more months. Pisses me off.

Look at the bright side. If you got pushed due to new hires, you will get passover pay. Plus you will get much better choices for vacation for next year than if you just activated into the new seat (very junior) right before the first vacation bid. That gives you a better shot at a decent vacation schedule next year.

If you got pushed back by senior guys bidding into the seat, that you will just have to get used to. That is one of the downsides of the quick movement, as folks will be continually coming in above you and you may find yourself losing seniority for quite a while in your new seat as the "campers" come in on top of you. That is the way it goes.

Something for newhires to consider if they have a choice of seat. You might want to pick the seat that you think will have more new hires coming into it behind you rather than any window seat.

Last year guys who took the DC-10 back seat had nowhere to go but down as the over 60 guys continue to come in on top of them, where the 727 guys moved up a little almost every month. Now the -10 job might be easier, but having people coming in behind you is what gets you off reserve and on a regular line sooner.

Just something to consider.

FJ

capt_zman said:
We'll see what happens, but the corp world might be calling. This whole thing sucks.

I said this before, and I'll say it again.

There are 10000+ guys that would gladly step over your DEAD body to take your spot.

Many of us recently spent up to 3 years in the back seat, and years back there were guys who spent 5+++ years haul'n the jug.

capt_zman said:
We'll see what happens, but the corp world might be calling. This whole thing sucks.

I would think that the image of a certian movie star burned in your retinas would have made you swear off that life forever.:eek: :puke:

USNFDX said:
I said this before, and I'll say it again.

There are 10000+ guys that would gladly step over your DEAD body to take your spot.

Many of us recently spent up to 3 years in the back seat, and years back there were guys who spent 5+++ years haul'n the jug.

No shizz. Who lit the friggin whining lamp? Ballsy.

Well since it's on, I got soaked at JFK this morning in that crazy delicious rain.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back