FedEx Training Letter Out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USNFDX said:
I said this before, and I'll say it again.

There are 10000+ guys that would gladly step over your DEAD body to take your spot.

Many of us recently spent up to 3 years in the back seat, and years back there were guys who spent 5+++ years haul'n the jug.

Until they are here for a while....then they just feel like a dead body.

You guys enjoy your "raises" for going to training now, ya hear!

USNFDX said:
Many of us recently spent up to 3 years in the back seat, and years back there were guys who spent 5+++ years haul'n the jug.

Heck, I have a window seat, and I'm STILL hauling the jug!!!! And I usually forget that I don't need it when I am lucky enough to get an -11 (as opposed to an MD-10) and I end up carrying the dang thing around when I don't have to.

I sat in the Fedex pool for 2 years. And, yeah, I kinda whined. But I didn't whine on flightinfo. I whined to my friends, family, and anyone else that wanted to know why I always had my phone with me. In case KD called, of course!!!!!

First thing when I got on the property? Whining guys in the right seat of the Boeing because they "didn't move for the last few years." Boo hoo, I cried a river for them....

I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes......

I have no beef with guys who hate the panel. The better life is for a new hire, the better it is for all of us.

Now--for those of you guys who WILL not sign a letter allowing trading date swaps, expect a blanket party from some of the guys. For me--I hope you pull it off--because I want all those guys senior to me on the boeing to GET OFF NOW and not trade dates for a year down the road. So I say to you--hold the line and make 'em move!

HEHEHEHEHE. Even rolling in ice cream and chocolate we can find stuff to complain about...

Any regional guys getting on at FDX? Any with TP PIC? Or only jet PIC? I thought FDX didn't hire guys who were already flying a heavy somewhere else? Has that changed?

ILStoMinimums said:
Any regional guys getting on at FDX? Any with TP PIC? Or only jet PIC?

Yes, there are several. Most of my PIC time is TP. Good luck.

I definitely had some whine the other day when I saw the training letter. Being displaced by another 4 mos, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing, but it does cost me about 25k in salary. I'd like to meet somebody that loses 25k and is happy about it.

And while the whine is flowing:
Show up for a 1 day, gets extended to a 4 day (with no telephone call), tooling around in 200 and 1/2 in a 1966 -100 with an 10 degree continuously oscillating capt ADI and an intermittent gyro and steer flag on the co-pilot ADI. Head to hotel, only to have a cackling crackwhore and her boy toy Rico getting it on in the room above me while I'm trying to sleep wearing the same underwear I've had on for 3 days.

Just having a bad karma week, but the 20-25k chaps my a$$.

capt_zman said:
Show up for a 1 day, gets extended to a 4 day (with no telephone call), tooling around in 200 and 1/2 in a 1966 -100 with an 10 degree continuously oscillating capt ADI and an intermittent gyro and steer flag on the co-pilot ADI. Head to hotel, only to have a cackling crackwhore and her boy toy Rico getting it on in the room above me while I'm trying to sleep wearing the same underwear I've had on for 3 days.

Just having a bad karma week, but the 20-25k chaps my a$$.

That's the funniest way to describe a crappy trip I've ever seen...

Last edited:
I'm sitting in the terminal, very bored, so I'll try to answer two recent questions.

One,
I thought FDX didn't hire guys who were already flying a heavy somewhere else? Has that changed?

I depends on what airline you are flying for. There are a couple of ex-Continental drivers who recently made the switch to FedEX. It also doesn't matter either way if you are a heavy CAL driver or a CAL 737 pilot. There was also a JetBlue guy in my new hire class.

From what I remember from the mass email about this is:

They won't hire guys who are actively flying for a "hurting" major. ie, FedEX won't interview guys who are active United, AMR, DAL, UsAir, and NWA. (but they will and often do hire furloughed pilots from these carriers)

However, they will hire guys from legacies who are doing financially OK (Continental) and from LCC's like JetBlue, AirTran, Frontier, etc. (not sure about Alaska)

Hell, just to spite some people on this msg board, I'd be willing to bet FedEX would hire Southwest guys too :)

I'm not sure what the current policy (if there even is one) on hiring an active guy from a hurting LCC, like ATA.

Two,

Any regional guys getting on at FDX? Any with TP PIC? Or only jet PIC?

Yes. They are. In my class, there was a SAAB guy from Mesaba (no jet PIC), and a ex Indy-Air guy (jet PIC). In class a few months prior to that, there was a Mesa CRJ guy. In the most recent class they ran, I know of one SkyWest guy (Don't know if he had RJ PIC time)

Hope the info helps

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back