Fedex Plane Down In Japan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

This paragraph from that artical says alot:

The MD-11 was designed with a smaller horizontal stabilizer than other airliners. That, plus the shifting of its center of gravity further aft, all to reduce drag and thus fuel burn, causes it to be unusually light on the controls. That design, known as �relaxed stability,� is common to fighter planes but is not normally found in the pitch axis of a civilian airliner. It makes it more likely that the pilot will overcontrol and exacerbate the situation, during a recovery attempt after a high altitude upset or during a bounced/hard landing.

God speed and thoughts and prayers to their families and friends. I was flying stateside yesterday and thought what a beautiful day to fly---this can be taken away from you in a heartbeat. What a sad day.

I fly in Asia all the times and it' s always nice to hear those guys on the radio.
God bless their families.
Cathay pilot

Last edited:
Flyboyike, it's the timing of your questions that's so ghastly inappropriate. Have some f*&^ing decency next time.

Very well, how long would you like me to wait? Until two more die? Or until you and/or your kind decide you're good and ready for me to speak?

Go back to listening to your iPod and jerking gear and yourself on that barbiejet, a$$hole... have some common effin' decency dickhead!

If your conduct is the epitome of decency, I'll take that as a compliment. What jet I fly and what gear I jerk is of no consequence whatsoever to the topic at hand. The fact that this was FedEx's at least 5th approach accident (and not just with MD-11s), however, is of consequence.

If this were a passenger-carrying operation, there would have been hundreds dead by now with that kind of a hull loss record. Hiding one's head in the sand out of a misperceived sense of "decency" does nothing to honor this crew or anyone else.

I have no clue why people get mad about posting what you did. Trying to figure out what the hell is wrong here is pretty important, especially if its a recurring thing with this plane. Speculation on what happened is also important to talk about, and talk about it NOW.

Well, you see, I fly an RJ, which means I have no brain and certainly no right to voice an opinion or even a fact. Now, had I been a 777 skipper with 26,000TT I could have said whatever I wanted and nobody would have objected.

Right, everyone?

I agree that once the final accident report comes out and we have some actual facts other than CNN indicating that the accident happened on Runway A, that it may be appropriate to discuss the accident.

Until that point I think it is only decent to respect the families and friends (some of which may be on this board) and support them in their time of grief. Discussing topics that in this time of grief and mourning are inconsequential and in extreme poor taste.

May both pilot rest in peace.

Latest resources

Back