Fedex Plane Down In Japan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like they were landing 34 L.

Folks, there is a difference between analyzing a crash, or asking questions about factors that may contribute to a crash, and badmouthing those who have perished.

While it may not be the time to be speculating or asking the questions, that time will come. If the crew made a mistake, they made a mistake. If there was some other factor, so be it. Find out what happened and why and figure out a way keep it from happening in the future. What ever the outcome it in no way diminishes the memory of the crew or mean they were any less professional or skilled - they had a bad day and sadly they did not walk away from it. It can happen to any one of us on any given day.

Best wishes to the family, friends and all at FedEx.

My thoughts and Prayers go out to those that perished, their families, friends and the whole FEDEX operation.

You can call me whatever names you want, but it's hard to argue that FX has suffered a disproportionate number of approach/landing incidents.

They also fly more MD11s than anyone else...chances are when that type has an incident, FedEx may be involved. Simple numbers, not technique.

RIP guys...

Last edited:
Crazy to see several MD-11 accidents under almost the exact same circumstances (i.e., hard landing followed by one gear collapsing and aircraft flipping).

My first thoughts are I hope they were killed before they burned to death. That would be a horrific way to go....

Latest resources

Back