• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Plane Down In Japan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talking now about the history of accidents similar to this with MD-11 aircraft. I don't know much about it, but they are saying that the tail of these aircraft was modified which changes pitch control on landing. Is there any truth to that?

God Bless

The MD-11 has been through a number of mods, including LSAS now being engaged until touchdown, where before it would disengage at 50'.

deleted. My apologies to the friends and families of the dead for arguing on this thread.

RIP

Last edited:
Alright genius. Why don't you get the FAA to look at their training program? In the meantime, STFU....at least until their families have their mourning period.

The FAA has looked at their training program, more than once. And I do mourn, but I also honor the dead by asking questions that obviously need to be asked. I'd much rather these two not have died in vain, if it's all the same to you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Awful.

God bless the crew and their families.

Our prayers and thoughts to the the family and those involved.

Out of respect for the crew and their families, keep the ridiculous speculations and judgement to yourselves. You know who you are.

After attending safety school/accident investigation course, I've learned to stop kicking the dead. Whatever the causal factor(s), it could happen to ANYBODY on any given day, no matter how simple or complex the issue.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back