• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Plane Down In Japan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
p.s. anyone know the initials of the crew. I have two friends over on the 11 there. Haven't been able to get ahold of either today.

I can do better, I'll give you the actual names. Capt Kevin K. Moseley and F/O Anthony S. Pino.

Right-O buddy! As for RJ boy, I'm not "flipping-out" as you so eloquently stated. Just tired of DBs like you in this industry. There is such a thing called "tact" & "respect"....get some.

Actually, it was McNugget who "eloquently stated" that you were flipping out. Which you were.

Actually, it was McNugget who "eloquently stated" that you were flipping out. Which you were.

I'm done.... no need to keep arguing with an idiot. peace out!

Well I'll apply the foot in mouth boldface and state that if you all think there is no correlation between the early -11 crashes with the horizontal tail surface design-induced de facto instability/PIO pitch control problem (windshear or no windshear, that shouldn't matter either if the design was allowed to go forth...), with identical gear collapse, wing catching and separating on the ground and body flip, and the Narita accident in question, you've buried your head in the sand or got drunk on the kool-aid. I only went to rocket science school for 8 years but that M.O. is fooookin obvious. Looks like that LSAS flashdrive software fix ain't cutting it. I'd rather fix the cables and pulleys problem (or the 'my tail is too small/my cg is too aft for my intended use problem' :rolleyes:) anyday than rely on a windows vista patch fix, but I digress.

*Ricky voice*..Lucy, those McBoein' boys got some espleeeinin' to dóó.......

My condolences go out to the affected families, may they in time find comfort in the hope that their loved ones died pursuing their Passion in life....

Well I'll apply the foot in mouth boldface and state that if you all think there is no correlation between the early -11 crashes with the horizontal tail surface design-induced de facto instability/PIO pitch control problem (windshear or no windshear, that shouldn't matter either if the design was allowed to go forth...), with identical gear collapse, wing catching and separating on the ground and body flip, and the Narita accident in question, you've buried your head in the sand or got drunk on the kool-aid. I only went to rocket science school for 8 years but that M.O. is fooookin obvious.

Thank you. I just hope you don't fly an RJ or you'll be getting multiple lectures on tact and decency.

In typical FI fashion, I think we have more posts of people bickering back and forth than offering their condolences.

Refocus on what's important.

Well, you see, I fly an RJ, which means I have no brain and certainly no right to voice an opinion or even a fact. Now, had I been a 777 skipper with 26,000TT I could have said whatever I wanted and nobody would have objected.

Right, everyone?

Yea, and people here think the families of these pilots will be checking this thread to get updates. :rolleyes:

This forum is for chatting about whatever, but when there's an accident all I care about is figuring out WHY? and what can be done so another aircraft is not lost, especially for the same reason?

Nothing wrong with an RJ....almsot every 777 pilot you speak of with 26K TT started in them.

Either way, that plane has a design flaw that should be addressed. "Relaxed stability" design for a heavy aircraft is just plain stupid. I wonder how many more MD-11's have to flip over and slide down the runway in a fireball, before the scumbag FAA does something.

In reality, the company gets a big insurance check, the FAA does nothing, the NTSB investigates and usually finds exactly what the problem is and recommends the cure, but NOTHING happens. Pilots are dead but there's thousands of them waiting to take their place.

Aviation in the USA as usual, GREAT.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with an RJ....almsot every 777 pilot you speak of with 26K TT started in them.

Ohhh, you're in for it now, them's fighting words in some circles.

Fly91 said:
Either way, that plane has a design flaw that should be addressed. "Relaxed stability" design for a heavy aircraft is just plain stupid. I wonder how many more MD-11's have to flip over and slide down the runway in a fireball, before the scumbag FAA does something.

Sort of what I said, I apparently just said it too early.

Latest resources

Back