FEDEX MOAB Place your bets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New FDX Guy said:
Oh yeah, Feb 9th, 295 WB Capt. 85 Boeing capt.

Although you could be correct, I doubt there well be any Boeing capts on the bid. There would only be some Boeing capts if they are planning some growth in the Boeing fleet. I imagine all the Boeing capts will be from secondary and not primary vacancies.

That being said, do I sound like a tool?

Oh yeah, bid on Thursday this week, 300 W/B capts and 125 W/B F/Os.

Secondary Vacancies

Active Herk,

I'm no expert but I think the driver in these bids is WB Capt slots. Then the Boeing slots are created by Boeing Capts moving up to WB slots. I could be wrong though.

190 WB Captains, 210 WB FOs, 20 727 Captains, 20 727 FOs...

Son of the mother of all bids... Clean up bid in October....

(hope I'm wrong and its huge....)

active_herk said:
Although you could be correct, I doubt there well be any Boeing capts on the bid. There would only be some Boeing capts if they are planning some growth in the Boeing fleet. I imagine all the Boeing capts will be from secondary and not primary vacancies.

That being said, do I sound like a tool?

Oh yeah, bid on Thursday this week, 300 W/B capts and 125 W/B F/Os.

Primary Boeing captains(closer to the 20 that Albie predicted) will be created by guys retiring/going to the backseat. The sum total of P/S vacancies will equal 85. My W/B number was based on Primary only, so I guess I would need to add a few for the retirements. Could I be more confusing...scratch all that, I'm getting impatient to see the real numbers...bring it on already.

I didn't think you sounded like a tool, but if you intended to be one then you owe me 25 bucks for the blue-on-blue.

Actually, I didn't intend to be one... i just didn't know if my post would come across that way! Here's hoping the bid is sizable.

Sorry

Active Herk,

Sorry, should have read the last line of your original post......that's what I get reading Flightinfo when I haven't slept. Here's to a big damn bid!

Latest resources

Back